The Boogeyman

~Andrew~

It's been almost a week now since I fell at the door of the Jones Family home.

Mrs.Jones moved me into Keaton's room after much convincing and introduced me to the family.

Mr.Jones was more than happy to open his home. Keaton's younger siblings didn't care for me too much since I was taking away Keaton's attention but that couldn't be helped. It seemed like no matter what I did the asshole wouldn't leave me alone. He was probably scared I'd leave again.

Keaton has still been trying to get some answers out of me but it's not easy to explain to him all that happen. So I don't. I just lie about it.

At first, I told him I was running from a gang. He laughed in my face.

Then I told him my brother and I made a bet and I lost so I had to leave the house. Keaton said, "You wish that was what happened."

We laughed at that for a long while.

As of now Keaton and I are sitting in his room watching the yellow sponge while Mr. and Mrs. Jones make lunch.

The yellow sponge on the screen laughs. Keaton laughs. I get confused. It's a cycle.

"Keaton?" I hang my head out from the top bunk to get a clear view of his face.

"Andrew?" He mocks my voice, his voice only being 10 times sexier.

I hate when he says my name like that.

"Why do you keep laughing down there? What in the hell is so funny?" I'm grinning now cause he's looking at me like I'm crazy.

"What are you going on about we're watching sponge bob for crying out loud. He's my hero." Keaton stares at the t.v screen as the yellow sponge talks, a glimmer in Keaton's eye for his admiration of the sponge.

"I don't get it anymore. It cant be me." I mumble under my breath. I don't understand. At first, I thought it was an inside joke but nobody laughs when the yellow sponge says anything. Only Keaton laughs.

Or maybe I'm crazy. I should ask-

"Children lunch is ready! Keaton Jones come set this table please!" Ms.Jones hollers through the house.

Keaton groans quietly to himself and rises from the bottom bunk, shaking the wooden frame. Keaton has a figure stuck between muscular and lean. His broad shoulders left his waist to disappear into the hem of his jeans. The arch of his shoulder blades gave the allusion that his white t-shirt sat on him securely compressed while his abdomen was loosely covered by the bottom half of his t.

I'm staring.

Keaton bends down for the remote to turn the tv off, putting his back muscles in the spotlight as they expand and contract without restraint. His attentive eyes scan the remote, his jaw clenching not out of bitterness but out of momentary fixation. His jaw looks like something you catch in art. I love art.

I'm still staring.

I shake my head from the immoral action I just committed and hop out of the bed, walking past Keaton hastily to help set the table.

Mrs.Jones had 'In The Hights' playing in the background, a musical this family informed me about the second they could. Spanish communities sang in the living room as I crossed the hall into the dining room which sat on the left side of the home.

"Andrew honey would you grab the plates please I'm going to throw them at my son as soon as he gets here for being so slow." Her smile and voice sounded genuine but I knew she was kidding. I laughed so hard that we could all hear Keaton's heavy footsteps quickly making their way to the dining room to see what all the commotion was about. The girls and Keaton's younger brother laughed along with me.