Habits

~Andrew~

Mumbling and the sound of a rhythmic beeping followed the beat of my heart. I mean literally. It's freaky as hell. My body feels heavy. Every limb was being pulled down in a drowning plead for a release, metal weights keeping me from swimming up. The only part of my body free of restraint seemed to be my lungs. Contrasting and collapsing with every silent breath I unconsciously forced in and out. 

"-You're safe. I swear it." 

Who was that? What the fuck. Am I dreaming or was that Keaton? The weight in my body lightened and my eyelids fluttered, waking up from imprisonment. My body still struggled to comply with my demands to actually wake up making it hard for me to see my surroundings. Where ever I am, it's cold. A shiver wracked up my body.

"When we get out of here, my dad is gonna take us to get ice cream." Keaton chuckled. 

Ice cream? Shit I want ice cream. This is definitely a dream. At least I can hear Keaton is next to me. I focused my mind on trying to move. To answer Keaton with excitement despite the slight tone of sadness and nostalgia-filled voice he offered the treat in. My mouth felt cold as weird as that was but I could only feel that much. I focused on my breathing and putting pressure on my mouth to move and listen to my command to speak. 

I felt a shift followed by a sigh from Keaton. The cloth under my right arm moved, making me consciously aware of the arm I also can't move. The tingling feeling on my skin makes me uncomfortable, the sensation almost equal to that of a bunch of needles poking at the skin but not quite breaking the skin. 

"I know how you feel. I wish I said something sooner. I'm so sorry." He whispered. 

The cloth next to my arm dipping with the sudden contact of what I could only guess was Keaton's dirty blonde locks. His head snuggled closer against my arm causing my arm to press into the side of my waist. I could feel more uncomfortable tingles running through me from my fingers to my shoulder blade. It kinda felt like when your foot falls asleep from lack of movement. 

Why does Keaton sound so sad? "What are you sorry for Keaton?" My eyes opened and my vision cleared to look down at the blonde mess shooting away from my arm. I can see. I'm in the hospital. 

"A- Andrew! Holy shit you okay? Hey hey hey um what's your favorite color?" Keaton's hands reached for my face, his fingers suddenly closing my view of the room. My body flinched, eyes gluing shut, the arm his head was resting on, jerking to hurriedly cover my face from his attack.

 The beeping sound started picking up speed and my body broke in a shaky cold sweat in a matter of seconds. "Oh, shit Andrew I- I'm so so sorry I'm not gonna hurt you I swear!" My eyes cracked open from the scare. "They are gone. You are safe they are not going to hurt you. We are going to keep you safe."He cooed in an easy tone, his hands still up next to his head. 

My eyes closed and my mind focused on my breathing once again. Wait. I'm in a hospital. He said them. Them as in them, the problems. No. Stop overthinking and just breathe. He said I'm safe and whether I was dreaming or not, I want ice cream. 

My eyes opened, Keaton's eyes were still comprehensive and full of worry. He looked like he was gonna sweat himself into a damn coma. His eyes scanned over my body quickly before meeting me again. 

"We are in a hospital," I stated out loud to simply make it known. I know it was obvious but it made me feel better to say it out loud and acknowledge it instead of telling myself this was all a dream. 

Keaton nodded, not verbally replying and keeping his hands in the air. If the cops tell you to put your hands up, Keaton is a perfect example of how to do that shit right now. I looked at his tense form, giggling at his sudden awareness of how being touched was a no for me right now, even if it meant he kept his hands in the air like a moron. Keaton's lips pulled into a slightly awkward smile releasing some of his concern through a chuckle.