Chapter 4: A Mirror Image

I logged on to the game quickly, and my friend showed the person in question to me. As said, an arguably impossible but real equation.

As I saw the player, everything in the game stopped moving and went blurry, and all I could see was the both of us as if time went frozen.

"Woah, we look like twins!" I thought to myself as I approached my lookalike, taking a few steps nearer to each other.

As I glanced, I noticed that starting from the hair, the ornaments, accessories, top clothes to trousers, and even our footwear were the same, making the phenomenon hard to believe. Of many possibilities, decisions, and variations, how could it be possible that all of those were the same?

“Are you perhaps— a girl too?” I shyly asked.

“No, I’m a boy. I just want to wear something cute, so I happened to wear clothing for girls in this game."

We talked to each other awkwardly and had a random conversation, racking our brains and asking each other any question we could think of. However, both with a persistent nature, we tried our best to brush off the awkwardness.

Unexpectedly, while talking to each other, I realized that we both have a lot of similarities. Then, after familiarizing ourselves with each other, he invited me to go to his place in-game privately.

It was one of his homes there, and I can say it's the best one out of all, and then it turned out that it was his most beloved world among all too. It was complete and had a simple, warm, and comfortable atmosphere despite its winter-themed design, together with a piece of lonely music that went well with our conversation.

While he toured me around, he suddenly asked for my name, so we introduced ourselves: Name. Country. And Birthdate.

"You can call me Alice. I’m from the Philippines, by the way."

"My name is Leo, and I live in Indonesia."

“The distance is kind of far,” I replied disappointedly.

“Well, at least we’re both from Southeast Asia."

“From what city do you live?” he suddenly asked, making me freeze for a while as I don’t give out specific information like that.

“…” I stared blankly at the screen and firmly gave him no reply.

“It’s just a city. There are millions of people there, so there’s nothing to be afraid of."

“Sorry, but no thanks,” I said, as I really couldn’t disclose information like that, especially to someone whom I just met.

“How about your birthday- when is it?”

“Secret— just kidding, mine is May 20, 2003. How about you?” I cheekily replied while I quietly laughed to myself.

“Mine is July 7, 2004. So you’re older than me, huh,” he exclaimed.

“Looks like it."

*a few hours later*

"It’s getting late. We should probably go to sleep," Leo advised.

"Yes, we should. Goodnight, then," I agreed.

"Goodnight," he said, as we parted and went offline from the game.

I don’t know why and what I am doing this for, especially to someone I just met. I have never been so kind to someone unfamiliar before. We talked a lot, and it was so fun for me. For the past hours, the phone screen kept me smiling. I did not realize that time flew fast until it was 4 AM. I hope I can see him again tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Questions ^^

1. Have you ever spent time with someone until late at night?

2. What do you think of being friends with someone younger?