Chapter 5: A New Chapter In My Life

Until the next day, we still did not share our real-life contact and other details, so we only got to meet each other in that game every day. Then, we shared our interests and talked about life and random stuff. We always spent the whole day together, even though you could say that we were still kind of strangers or early friends by that time.

Another rainy day, another lazy day. Hours passed, and I was still stuck with doing my piled-up homework even though I did not feel like doing it. As I came to think of it, I had always forced myself so that I would be able to submit them all on time. But, hey, I worked hard enough already.

"Maybe it's time to take a break and play for a while?"

"Sure!" I exclaimed while I talked to myself.

I excitedly logged on to the game and went to our usual meeting place. As always, Leo was there sitting on a chair in the middle of a crowd. He was not moving or even talking to anyone else. He only purely enjoyed the ambiance, accompanied by some cheerful music.

"Hi. How's your day?" he asked.

"Well, just like usual. How about you?"

"Nothing much. It was kind of boring, as usual, reading manga all day."

"You like to read, huh?" I exclaimed as I didn't expect that he's the type to read.

"Only a bit."

"What genre is it?" I asked curiously.

"School life, comedy, and romance."

"Ooh, I like comedy," I replied with relief because at least we had some similarity there.

"Romance-comedy is the best."

"True!"

"Do you watch anime?"

"One Punch Man ^-^" I even said it out loud in real life due to excitement.

"I don't like the action genre"

"Really? But it's a comedy genre."

"I like movies where I can relate... I also avoid those with sad endings."

"Me too. I hate sad endings. I can't get over them"

Our conversation kept going for days and weeks. Luckily, our school decided to get an academic break, so I got plenty of free time to spend with Leo every day. Sadly, the school holiday is coming to an end soon. I know that I will be busy, so I decided to ask him if it was okay for us to add each other as friends on social media.

"Hey, um, I will be busy after this academic break ends, and I won't be able to play that much anymore. Is it alright for you to give me your name on social media so that we can add each other as friends? It would be more convenient for us to talk there as well," full of hope, I asked.

"Sure thing!" he immediately agreed.

"I guess I made a new friend. However, this time it feels a bit different from the others. It feels exciting to let this conversation keep going, and yes, I want it to keep on going," I thought to myself as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Since that day, my life has entered a brand new page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random Questions ^^

What genre do you like?

Do you prefer anime or drama series?

What do you think about stories with sad endings?