🎻IX🎻

Heyo

🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻

Twelve years ago

Jimin had stopped dancing, he didn't mean to sneak into this place. He just saw a clearing, one with withering beauty and he felt inspired. Because after winter, flowers were ready to bloom again. But he heard a branch snap nearby, someone else was here and Jimin wondered if they had been watching for long.

"Sorry." Jimin mumbled. There seemed to be a stranger watching him from the corner of the garden. "I found this place by accident. I'm not in trouble am I?"

A boy walked out from the darkness. He seemed to be slightly older than Jimin and was dressed in sleep attire. "Are you from the Royal Opera house?" He asked, and there was something about his eyes which sparkled like he was seeing something magical. Jimin felt proud that someone would even assume he would be from the most prestigious dance association in the whole Empire. It was his dream and he was soon to achieve it.

"No." Jimin shook his head nervously. "I mean hopefully... I'll pass the audition and then when I come of age, I'll be able to join the organisation and actually dance at the Royal Opera House. I came all the way from the far east part of the Empire. I mean the audition is tomorrow but I've lost my way." He giggled, because the boy in front of him was growing red by the minute. "I'm Jimin by the way."

"I'm..." He looked like he was conflicted. And it wasn't until later when Jimin found out, Royalties are never addressed by their names. But yet... "Yoongi."

"That's a pretty name." Jimin hummed delightfully. "Nice to meet you Yoongi."

It was a moment which replayed on Jimin's mind, how he looked into Yoongi's bright brown eyes and noticed the glimmer of innocence radiating from them. The sound of the rain, and how it couldn't even ruin this precious moment. The way Yoongi easily called his name, taking his hand for the first time to bring him inside the palace.

"You're not supposed to be here." Yoongi whispered as he secretly led Jimin into another room. "No one will come in here so... just wait until the rain stops."

Jimin held onto Yoongi's hand as he looked around the large room. There were fancy intricate ornaments at all corners of the room. It was all expensive and proper. "The bedroom seemed so large it couldn't possible be for Yoongi." Jimin thought aloud.

"It is mine." Yoongi spoke sheepishly. "But you can visit sometimes." He said shyly. "There are board games and books in the connecting room."

"Are you an important person?" Jimin gasped, embarrassingly realising the situation he put himself into.

Yoongi frowned, crossing his arms. "I'm not telling you!" He turned away slightly. And Jimin could sense he was clearly upset. "If I tell you... you're going to treat me differently."

"No I won't." Jimin insisted. "I'll come here every time I'm free because I'm definitely going to join the Royal Opera House Academy. Because we are friends right?"

Right, before they presented as Alpha and Beta. Before Yoongi became the Crown Prince. Before Jimin was accepted into the Royal Opera Academy. And before they were lovers... they were friends. And maybe, maybe that was why it hurt more.

🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻

Love Minty xx