Chapter 4: The Traitor

Once we returned to the base, Obi-Wan, Cody, Rex, Anakin, Athena, and I headed to the control room, hooking up the droid head to the holotable

Once we returned to the base, Obi-Wan, Cody, Rex, Anakin, Athena, and I headed to the control room, hooking up the droid head to the holotable. Anakin's astromech, R2-D2 was also in the room with us. The tactical droid's eyes immediately glowed as a hologram appeared. It was a holomap of the towers.

"The Republic Army is in the north and south towers, level 46." The droid announced.

"It just doesn't make sense." Rex said.

The droid began to malfunction, causing the hologram to end as the droid's head began to short circuit, destroying the evidence. I let out a sigh of relief. Looks like the Force was on my side.

"Blast!" Cody groaned.

"Well, at least we're not the only ones having a bad day." Anakin quipped.

"They had all our intel." Rex stated.

"That would explain the ambush." Athena pointed out.

"How could we have left ourselves so vulnerable to a security breach?" Anakin questioned.

"I don't think we did." Obi-Wan commented.

"You think someone infiltrated our defenses?" I offered.

Obi-Wan nodded. "Possibly. It would have to be someone cunning and resourceful enough to gain access to all our plans."

"But that still wouldn't explain how they got our intel." Anakin protested.

"No, you're right." Obi-Wan agreed. "They wouldn't act alone. They'd have someone working with them."

Cody raised an eyebrow. "A spy, sir? But who would want to betray our troops to the Seppies?"

"Excellent question, Commander. Perhaps it's time we made a visit behind enemy lines.
I think we'll find our answers there." Obi-Wan advised.

Cody nodded. "We'll get right on it."

Obi-Wan shook his head. "No, Captain. I need you here to find the security breach."

"You can count on us, sir." Cody assured him.

"You'll have Artemis helping you out." Obi-Wan added.

My eyes widened. "What?"

"Artemis, we need you to stay here and help Cody and Rex." Obi-Wan argued. "They'll need all the help they can get."

"But I want to come along. I'm a Jedi, aren't I?" I protested.

"Not yet. Stay here." Obi-Wan ordered.

I clenched my fists, muttering under my breath. But reluctantly, I nodded. "Fine..."

Obi-Wan's face softened. He extended a hand out, placing it on my shoulder before replying. "I am doing this for your good."