Chapter 16: The Jedi Way

Ahsoka's eyes widened in horror

Ahsoka's eyes widened in horror. "Oh, no. He has both pieces now." 

"Rex, send a squad, lock down the hangar bay and destroy all the escape pods. No one gets off this ship." Anakin commanded.

Rex nodded, giving him a salute. "Yes, sir."

Ahsoka then glanced back at R2 before giving him a command. "R2, you have to find Master Ropal. Hurry!"

All of the sudden, the entire ship shook about. Immediately, Rex spoke up, sounding just as baffled as the rest of us. "What was that?"

To answer his question, Yularen's voice rang out from Anakin's comlink. "General Skywalker, one of the engines on that frigate has exploded. I caution you to avoid the aft section."

"How much damage is there?" Anakin questioned.

"I suggest immediate evacuation." Yularen suggested.

"Not until we get what we came for." Anakin replied.

With that, we began our search, looking through every cell. Ahsoka's voice rang out, her voice laced with pain and sadness. "Master, I found him!"

We all ran over to find Master Ropal, lying on the floor, dead. My heart clenched. There were shackles on wrists and ankles of the green skinned Rodian. There was no way he could still be alive. Knowing the Separatists, they must've tortured him. But the Jedi Master didn't give in.

"Rex, have some men take Master Ropal back to the Resolute." Anakin ordered.

"We might not be able to find the holocron in time, Master." Ahsoka pointed out. "But if it's destroyed with the ship, Nute Gunray won't get it either."

"Maybe, but I'd rather return it to the library personally." Anakin urged.

Ahsoka grimaced, knowing it was useless to argue with Anakin. We followed R2 through the hallways, leading us to Cad. He had his head light on, while Ahsoka, Anakin, and I ignited our lightsabers to see in the dark. We then saw a figure move at the other end of the hallway. R2 let out several excited beeps.

"That's got to be him!" I exclaimed.

We quickly ran after him, following the bounty hunter into the hangar. He shut the doors on us, locking us in before turning on the lights. Not far from us, we saw Cad surrounded by a wave of droids.

"Welcome, Jedi. We've been expecting you." Cad said with a wicked smile. "Kill them!"

Immediately, the droids around him raised their blasters firing at us. Anakin, Ahsoka, and I stood in front of the clone troopers, deflecting the blasts. Cad then glanced down at his wrist, pressing a button.

"Lockdown!" Cad exclaimed.

All of the sudden, the gravity was taken away. No doubt the gravity generators were turned off. Ahsoka, Anakin, and I along with the clone troopers were lifted in the air. I floated around high in the air towards the ceiling, but I wasn't terrified or frustrated. Remembering all my training, I quickly adapted.