Chapter 17: Rescuing The Younglings

Once we left Rodia, we discovered Anakin, Ahsoka, and Athena had captured Cad in Naboo

Once we left Rodia, we discovered Anakin, Ahsoka, and Athena had captured Cad in Naboo. So we met up on a Republic cruiser to interrogate the bounty hunter. Currently, Obi-Wan, Master Windu, Athena, and I were in a room, interrogating Cad, who sat behind a table with his hands bound together in cuffs.

"We know you've taken at least two children." Obi-Wan began.

"Where are they?" I questioned.

"Beyond your reach." Cad replied.

"Who are you working for?" Master Windu inquired.

"I work alone." Cad rebuked.

"It is only a matter of time before we locate the holocron. Make it easier on yourself." Obi-Wan advised.

Cad scoffed. "What are you going to do, Jedi, torture me?"

I clenched my fists. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to be honest. Master Windu seemed to see right through him though.

"I think the fear of whoever you work for outweighs your fear of us." Master Windu stated.

I glanced over at Cad, immediately sensing his fear. However, he did his best not to show that. Cad leaned back in his seat as he crossed his arms.

"This conversation is over." Cad retorted.

We exchanged looks before leaving his cell. Once we were outside, we saw Anakin and Ahsoka walking towards us. I hope they have some news of the whereabouts of the kids.

"We tore the ship apart. There's no sign of the holocron or the kids." Anakin informed us.

My heart dropped. Blast! Master Windu raised an eyebrow. "Did you check the ship's navigation records?"

"They were wiped clean before he landed on Naboo." Ahsoka mentioned.

"We'll have to use the Force to make him talk." Anakin suggested.

"I don't think Bane is that weak." Obi-Wan commented.

"Maybe if we all concentrated on his mind together." Ahsoka suggested.

Obi-Wan placed a hand under his chin, looking troubled. "Mmm. Using the Force to compel a strong mind to cooperate is...risky."

"There is a danger that his mind could be destroyed in the process." Master Windu warned.

Don't care. This is Bane we're talking about. It won't matter, at least not to me. I glanced over at the others to see they were hesitant. Not me, I was prepared to do what it takes to get the kids back.

"Well, do we have another choice?" I questioned.

No one said a word, meaning we'd go through with this. With that, we made our inside the cell. Once we approached him, Anakin raised a hand, closing his eyes as he spoke up. "You will take us to the holocron."