Contact

-Emergency contact-
My name is Jess wonder boy. Maybe some day you'll get a name to give me.

-Superboy-
You said to watch my eyes and I ignored it. Maybe next time I'll listen to you.

-Emergency Contact-
Something happened?

-Superboy-
I got blinded by monkeys and we had to take the android apart again.

-Emergency Contact-
Mobile Optimal Neural Quotient Infiltrators. I thought they weren't up to running yet.

-Superboy-
I hate monkeys.

-Emergency Contact-
Like actual monkeys or the robots?

-Superboy-
Both.

-Emergency Contact-
Have you even seen a real monkey?

-Superboy-
No, but I'm sure I'd dislike them.

-Emergency Contact-
Maybe give them a chance before hating them completely.
Oh! Have you given thought to a name?

-Superboy-
Conner. I feel like that suits me. Not sure about the last name though.

-Emergency Contact-
I'm sure you'll think of something.

-Superboy-
We have a new teammate.

-Emergency Contact-
Best not tell me anything. Phones are not always secure by way of hackers.

-Superboy-
Right.
We're gonna go hang out at the beach for a bit if you wanna come.

-Emergency Contact-
Can't. Got in trouble for telling you about Ivo. Not sure showing up with a bunch of bruises is such a good idea.

-Superboy-
You got hurt?

-Emergency Contact-
Just reminded why I have to stay out of things I can't control. J has a bad temper. Almost as bad as yours. Not all bad though, at least I have Bud here to keep me company.

-Superboy-
Bud?

-Emergency Contact-
<image sent>
This is us last year. He's gotten a little bigger but still a brother of sorts.

-Superboy-
That's a hyena.

-Emergency Contact-
And?
He's one of Harley's and we get along. Not the first time growing up with animals mind you.

-Superboy-
What do you mean?

-Emergency Contact-
I used to live at the circus before J.
Almost wish I had told him no when he asked me to stay.

-Superboy-
May I ask what happened that you thought living with joker was better than at the circus?

-Emergency Contact-
It's a long story, but basically I was hurt and wanted to feel better and J manipulated his words in a way that I needed at the time. The circus held too many memories that would turn sour if I had gone back.

-Superboy-
I see. Sorry for asking.
Would you like to come hang out at the beach another day? I could let you know when the team is out.

-Emergency Contact-
That sounds fun. I could wear my new swimsuit J says I can't wear around the goons since it's 'too revealing'.

-Superboy-
?

-Emergency Contact-
It'll be fine. J is just too strict about how I act around the goons.
Goons never do anything since the incident.

-Superboy-
Guess that's another long story.

-Emergency Contact-
I don't want to talk about it.
Go have fun at the beach with your team. I imagine you'll be busy with another mission soon.

-Superboy-
You telling me someone's planning something?

-Emergency Contact-
Someone's always planning something. It's when they put the plan into action that's the hard bit.

You been doing okay wonder boy?

-Superboy-
Been busy.
A retired league member went missing and we had to fight a bratty teen to rescue him.

-Emergency Contact-
Which bratty teen? I can think of a few.

-Superboy-
Don't remember. Some sort of witch boy, kept calling himself a lord of chaos.

-Emergency Contact-
You fought Klarion? Are you alright?

-Superboy-
We're fine.
Well maybe not the guy we were looking for but he was pretty old.

-Emergency Contact-
Klarion isn't someone to take lightly.

-Superboy-
Didn't plan on it. How are you holding up? Your bruises healing?

-Emergency Contact-
Sorta.
J got mad again because of Batman and broke most of my fingers. Only on my left hand though. So not completely useless.

-Superboy-
He broke your hand?

-Emergency Contact-
Just a little bit. I should have known better than to bring up news when he was in such a foul mood. I'll be fine.

-Superboy-
Why don't you just leave? He does nothing but hurt you.

-Emergency Contact-
It's not that easy. And I would have no where to go where he couldn't find me.

-Superboy-
Wish I could help.

-Emergency Contact-
You are helping. By being my friend I have an outlet to something that isn't villainous.

-Superboy-
Then I wish I could do more.

-Emergency Contact-
Maybe someday. But probably not in the near future. J wouldn't like it and I don't want you getting yourself or your team hurt for my sake. Besides I'm made of tougher stuff than you realize.

-Superboy-
If you say so.

Would you like to come hang out at the beach today? The team is out for the moment and I think you could use a friend.

-Emergency Contact-
Give me a minute and I'll head out. Happy Harbor right?

-Superboy-
Yeah. See you when you get here.