Breakout

The stay at Reve was kinda boring for Jess. She was used to waiting games as she gathered intel for J but this was boring.

She couldn't even talk to Superboy to numb the boredom. She thought that was the reason she was so bored, because she couldn't chat with the people like normal when gathering intel. She had to wait for the chaos of the breakout to distract the guards before she took any kind of action.

Laundry day came and the uniform felt a little different. The material was heavier.

"You should put it on." Devastation said as she put hers on.

"Guessing it's thermal. Good to know." Jess huffed and changed into the new uniform, not caring for the stare that Devastation gave her scars. "Just ignore them. I'd rather not talk about it."

The day went pretty normal as they all were released to the main area to have food and exercise. That is until the older two freeze villains started a brawl while eating.

The brawl was short lived but the look of satisfaction on the other freeze families faces. Guess the breakout is happening soon. As they were being led back to the cells the alarms went off and the whole building went into lockdown.

Killer Frost had a few of the women following her to where they were trying to break the wall with Frost and brute strength. Jess watched with a raised brow.

As soon as the collars were turned off Jess was able to get the thing off, just in case it was turned back on. She then made a pocket to the records room.

Locating the papers she needed was a little more time consuming than she would have preferred. While looking for the papers she brought some items from her room back at the harbor. The papers she had to destroy would let Harley and Killer Crock out of Reve much sooner on account of missing evidence.

She makes a pocket back to where she had left from, only to find Tuppence frozen into a pillar semi blocking her path.

"Guess I'm going to have to freeze you to." Killer Frost said aiming her hands at Jess. Quickly thinking Jess opened a pocket and the freezing blast ends up hitting Frost and Devastation from behind.

"Idiots." Jess huffed. She looked over the ice pillar that held Ms Martian trying to figure out how to get her out without further injuring the young hero.

The wall groaned when a hit came from the other side. Jess had to think fast as the other side of the wall was being broken down and she couldn't accurately guess who was on the other side. She hid behind the ice block of Frost and Devastation. The wall broke open and there was only two people walking through the hole that was just made. Jess watched as Tommy went to his sister and Cameron follow behind him.

Jess could see the ice crack and knew she had to react quickly. She ran over to Cameron and pulled him into a hug so his back was to Tommy.

"Thank heavens you came. Frost was gonna kill me." Cameron seemed stunned but hugged back. The ice broke and Tuppence was caught by Tommy. Just as Cameron was going to turn Tommy locked lips with Tuppence and she shifted into Ms. Martian. Thinking fast and grateful for the rubber lips and knock out drug on them, an idea from aunt Ivy. She pulled Cameron's face to hers and he was more enthusiastic about the kiss than Jess was. "You saved me." She said after she pulled away. Cameron smirked a bit but became confused as he passed out.

The two looked to an unimpressed Jess.

"You owe me for saving your cover. You should get out while you can. This isn't a breakout." Jess said dusting off her sleeves.

"What do you mean?" Ms Martian asked. Jess huffed and crossed her arms.

"If this was a breakout why go through the trouble of breaking interior walls when there is a perfectly good see through one in the cafeteria area?" She let them think on it for a bit before looking to Cameron. "I have to go, my work here is done. You should probably get out too if you're smart." She created a pocket and went back to her room at the harbor.

She let out a sigh and looked at her hand. It was still splinted and J wouldn't like it. She'd have to hide it, probably with her compression glove like she had been doing. It would suck for a while, but she could handle another week of her hand splinted. Hopefully J would be in a better mood.