No More Secrets

The team had gotten together to discuss the possibility of a mole yet again.

"No more secrets. Not if we're going to take the fight to the light."

"Agreed."

"I'll go first." Conner was surprised that he volunteered but was ready to be done with keeping secrets. Luther had contacted him to meet up with some others and he didn't want to be shut off again. "My dna is only half kryptonian the other half belongs to Lex Luther. He also provided me with what he calls shields, it subdues my human dna and unlocks the full kryptonian abilities."

"That explains the fight with parasite." Robin commented.

"I have also been in contact with Jester. Since before the Amazo android."

"I have also been in contact with her" Megan said and Robin looked to the ground. It was still a sore subject.

"As have I."

"Am I the only one who hasn't talked to her?" Artemis asked. The others shrugged. "Regardless. I have things to share. My parents are both villains, well my moms an ex villain. She did time and isn't going back into it. My dad and sister on the other hand, we've fought them before. My dad goes by Sportsmaster and my sister goes by Cheshire."

"Family doesn't define who you choose to be."

"Yeah babe, we're your family now." Wally interjected. He put his arm around Artemis' shoulder. "So who's next?"

"I am." Megan said curling in on herself a bit.

"I swear I was just kidding." Wally defended.

"This is not what I look like."

"We know. Bald Megan were all fine with it."

"No. I'm not a green Martian." She transformed into her true form. "I'm a white Martian."

"That's cool."

"You don't think it's hideous?" The question was directed at Conner but the others had told her no as well.

"I already knew. When you helped me recover from Psimon." Conner had walked up to her to hold her face.

"Is there any other secrets we need to share?" Robin asks.

"Luther contacted me and said he had more shields for me to use if I agree to help him."

"Queen bee also asked me to join her and she'll keep my secret."

"My dad also asked me to join him. Guessing we're all meeting for a meeting of light members."

"Most likely."

"We'll come up with a plan to keep you safe and try and take down the light. We don't know what they're planning but they have been gathering things the entire time we have been a team."

The team nodded and discussed the potential plan and Robin kept glancing to Conner. He had to know more about Jester than he was letting on if he's had contact since Amazo. That was not too long after freeing him from Cadmus.

He wanted to go up to Conner and ask how he's been in contact with Jester but he was pulled away by Megan as he was texting someone on his phone.

'Who even got him a phone?' Dick couldn't help but wonder as he approached. A hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"Perhaps it is best we do not ask him too many questions regarding Jester. She is someone with a self sacrificing nature and I would not want to see her get hurt by something we asked of her." Kaldur was right of course but Dick couldn't shake the feeling he was missing something big.

"I asked Jester if she could find an old friend of mine who went missing. Based on evidence she was taken by joker. Hopefully we can catch him again and put him away long enough to find her. And maybe get Jester out as well. I'm sure she was forced into her role, no doubt out of survival than want. But we don't know much about her."

"She's afraid of bats." Dick looked to Kaulder confused. "Megan told me. Apparently Jester helped them in Belle Reve and Megan wanted me to keep tabs on her without gaining attention." He put a hand on Dick's shoulder. "Perhaps it is best we do not know too much about her. She seems rather unpredictable at times I have noticed. Like the fight with the injustice league, she helped them escape."

"Just another puzzle to figure out I guess. That can wait until after the light is dealt with." Kaldur nodded in agreement.

Shortly after they went on their mission to disrupt the light. It kinda worked but not at the same time. It seems they've been chasing Cheshire for a while and the briefcase from the ambush is worrisome, but the team have bigger problems at the moment. With some of their foes being brought into custody and fewer escaping they considered this a victory, little did they know the plan was much more extensive than an inconvenience to them. The plan involved the big leagues.