Dance?

-Emergency Contact-
You ever find out what was wrong with your caretaker?

-Superboy-
We actually found him. He left to keep us safe, or at least that's what he told us. We sort of have a temporary new team member. I know no names. Safer that way.

-Emergency Contact-
Always good to have more friends. J says friends are a liability and I shouldn't have any. And yes always best to keep names unmentioned.

-Superboy-
I wouldn't consider them a liability, somewhat irritating yes but not a liability.

-Emergency Contact-
Good to know. J is in one of his moods again so I'll have to ghost you for a little bit. But feel free to text if you need to.

-Superboy-
Got it.
We're doing a team bonding thing today. Supposed to be a quick and easy thing.
Turns out mind linking for team bonding scenarios is a bad idea.
They're making us take therapy sessions with canary.
I'm fine I don't need to have a shrink tell me what I know.
Apparently there's a race of people called the forever people. Sphere comes from where they come from.
Sphere can turn into a flying bike and Wolf and I ran into some trouble with bank robbers. We teamed up with the forever people and took them down.
They said I could keep sphere but apparently it's spheres decision.
Guess he wanted to stay.
Are you alright? You haven't been responding for a while.

-Emergency Contact-
Sorry for ghosting so long. J's mood got worse and I took the brunt of it.
The forever people sound interesting though.

-Superboy-
Are you alright?

-Emergency Contact-
I'll live. Nothing I haven't handled before.

-Superboy-
I have an idea, it might help you escape J for at least a little bit. Would you like to come to a Halloween dance?

-Emergency Contact-
Isn't that something you'd ask your girlfriend?

-Superboy-
She said she wants you to come and hang out. And the whole team is going.

-Emergency Contact-
I don't exactly have something to dress up as.

-Superboy-
Find a cheap costume and come in that, I'm sure there are others that'll do the same.

-Emergency Contact-
I might have something.
When is this taking place?

-Superboy-
Tonight.

-Emergency Contact-
Little short on the notice there wonder boy. Give me a bit and I'll be there.

-Superboy-
It's in Happy Harbor if that helps.

-Emergency Contact-
Got it.
OMW

Jess had arrived in her first generation outfit. Not the spandex suit she wears as Jester, but a simple orange and blue coordinating outfit, topped with makeup to hide her facial scar and the bruising on her neck.

"Where exactly in happy harbor am I going?" She asked out loud. Granted Conner probably wasn't going to just land in front of her, but it's become a habit by now.

-Superboy-
It's at the high school. Should we meet you there?

-Emergency Contact-
Probably for the best. See you in a bit.

She made sure to not end up in front of the school and appeared through a pocket within reasonable walking distance without just appearing to bystanders. A long complicated thought process but it was safer for everyone involved if she didn't show off. J doesn't even know where she is which may turn out to be a bad thing.

She had made it to the entrance just as Conner and Megan showed up with a third party goer.

'Guess the whole team couldn't make it.' She sighed in relief, honestly she didn't know how Robin would take to seeing her.

"Jess you made it." Conner said walking up to her.

"Yeah, only had to sneak out. No big deal." The smile she had was genuine.

"Didn't know you had other friends." The other boy said as he came over and leaned against Conner.

"I'm glad you could make it Jess. And the costume looks great for such short notice. Oh, and this is for you." She handed Jess the bracelet that was made from the off planet rocks.

"Wait, you both know her? Who is she?"

"You can call me Jess. I was friends with Conner first. I was on a field trip to Metropolis when we ran into each other."

"Field trip? Where are you from?"

"Gotham, it was more of a business trip for papa since I'm home schooled. Conner was helping the bus I was behind." She decided to leave out the bit about Superman completely ditching him, it wasn't needed at the moment.

"You've known each other long?" He seemed to be prodding for any slip ups, but Jess could read the situation better than he thought she could.

"Just since August." She looked to Conner to confirm. He nodded so she looked back to the other. "I'm still new friends with Megan though, and I don't believe I got your name."

"Wally." She smiled and held out a hand in greeting.

"Nice to meet you Wally." He shook her hand and Conner patted her opposite shoulder that she pulled away from with a slight hiss of pain.

"You alright?" Megan asked. Jess smiled slightly with a small shake of her head.

"Nothing to worry about, just a bit of a bruise. I fell down a flight of stairs and dislocated my shoulder. It's been reset, just the bruising from the fall." Conner looked skeptical but put his hand down.

"Your papa know about this?"

"Yeah he's the one who took me to get it reset. We should probably go in though, people might think it's weird if we hover out here."

"Right."

"Hello Megan, let me introduce you to some of my classmates." She hooked her elbow with her non injured arm and pulled her in.

"I don't trust her." Wally said, and Conner shrugged.

"She hasn't given me a reason to not trust her yet. I'll keep an open mind though."