Chapter Two

Wilhemina Venable’s Pov

My eyes fluttered open as I heard my alarm ring. I flip my phone and saw that it’s just 6:00 so I took more five minutes to appreciate the warmth of my bed. It’s still raining so I can’t help but to tucked myself into a blanket because of the cold weather.

I allow myself to think about everything but specifically about the girl I’ve met yesterday. Y/n. She’s very sweet yet troublesome kid. Her presence never made me uncomfortable which took me by surprise since I usually don’t like when people is staring at me or even talking to me. I just hate people especially their pathetic way of thinking. Also I became soft to her without me knowing it, I laughed and talk to her out of unconsciousness. But something inside me telling that she deserved even the slightest of my kindness since she’s also kind to me. Plus she lend me the most beautiful purple umbrella.

I'm actually looking forward on seeing her again. That café is my favorite place second to my house so I hope we met there again.

After staying on my bed longer than I should I finally decided to get up, my hand automatically searched for my cane. Getting up in the morning is the hardest for a person like me. I immediately go to my bathroom and ran a hot shower. After that I look for a possible clothes. I feel a little extra today so I decided to wear a purple suit with a purple tie and skirt.

Going downstairs I just make an avocado toast since I usually have a coffee on my work, I just grab my bag, keys and especially the purple umbrella that the annoying kid lend to me. The drive took forever since the raining is heavy causing a massive traffic but who cares, I’m the HR.

Arriving at my work you could see the fear in everyone’s eyes, they’re greeting me a good morning but we all know that it was all fake, they didn’t receive the same greeting or even a glance. I go straight to my office and as what expected the coffee is already there.

“Good morning Ms. Venable” my secretary greeted with full of energy and respect so as a good boss I am I greet her also.

“Get out” I automatically said clearly ignoring her kindness. Bullshits who needs a fake kindness.

“Um okay but Mr. Jeff and mutt is expecting you on their office right now” she said before leaving.

I haven’t seated yet.

I just put my things on my table before heading to the two idiot’s office. After arriving I quickly look at them with irritated look.

“There you are, our angel we need your help” Jeff said in a strange soft tone while fixing some documents on his table.

Angel your ass.

“What is it” I walked slowly towards them with a loud thud of my cane. Signifying my superiority.

“We need you to baby sit someone, don’t worry she’s kind” Mutt said that gained a frown from me.

“Why me? There’s a lot of employees here. And seriously why would you let a kid go here?” they both roll their eyes.

“We’re having a meeting and you’re the only one we can trust to take care of this kid so we will be rea-“ someone cut him off.

“I’m not a kid anymore ugly Jeff” The voice is coming from the bathroom of their office so I look at it but it’s closed.

The voice was familiar.

“What are you doing there again?” he asked again.

“I-I’m making slime” Then suddenly a head popped out of the bathroom door revealing Y/n, she looked at me with lips parted. We both looked at each other in horror.