New Dawn Better Days Part 4

Fluff

__________________

I awoke to the feeling of my shoulder shaking. I groaned lowly and turned on my side. I heard a faint voice, but it sounded muffled to me. The sun was right in my eyes so I couldn't open them. I turned again onto my back and slowly opened my eyes. I could see Johnny right next to me. "Dallas?" I heard him mumble softly.

"Mh...yeah, Johnnycake?" I said with a yawn while I turned my head to look at him. "I didn't want to wake you but uhm.." He grinned a little embarrassed. "I can't walk."

"Sorry, baby, I didn't mean to. At least last night was enjoyable right?"

I said wrapping my arm around him and kissing his cheek. "Y-Yeah you're right." Johnny giggled and hugged my arm. He yelped almost immediately after I had picked him up.

I walked over to my closet and picked out my clothes while Johnny grabbed another pair of clothes. I had put Johnny back on the bed so he could change while I went and changed as well. Afterwards, we went downstairs to the kitchen. I decided to make some scrambled eggs which Johnny appreciated a lot.

He was sitting on one of those barstools, and he swayed his legs back and forth while he waited. I served the plates and sat down next to Johnny. He still seemed out of it, so I gently took his fork from his hands. "Baby, open your mouth," I said softly. Johnny mumbled something and then slowly opened his mouth. I fed him the egg, and he smiled a little and glanced at me. I fed him the rest of his plate and then ate my plate before I forgot.

"You didn't have to, y'know.." Johnny mumbled. He leaned against me hugging my arm. "Do you think maybe we can visit the gang today?" I heard him ask softly. I only nodded. "Sure, Johnnycake." I smiled and then picked him up again and gently set him down while I held onto him so he didn't fall. His legs trembled violently before they gave out. He didn't fall, thanks to me holding onto him.

"How long do you think your legs are gonna be out of commission?" I asked while grinning. Johnny had an embarrassed look on his face while he clung to me. "S-Shut up." He stuttered. I could only chuckle and kept walking. It took me a few minutes, but we got to the Curtis Brother's house. I walked through the gate and the front door.

"Hey, Dallas! What's upー" Soda yelled before stopping. He stared at Johnny and me. "Why are you carrying him? The hell?" Steve questioned, staring at me. I put Johnny down on the couch. "No reason," I said while grinning. "I bet it wasー" Ponyboy was starting to say before Sodapop yelled. "WHAT IN GOD'S GRACE IS THAT!?" He pointed to Johnny, I was confused until I turned to look at Johnny and blushed and smirked slimly.

"Johnny, baby, you didn't hide it well enough," I said. Johnny blushed furiously and pulled up his jacket collar. "Johnny! Oh, glory! Is thatー!?" Two-Bit tried to ask a question but had fallen off his chair laughing. Johnny looked up at me in a 'help me' way. I picked him up and sat down on the chair, sitting him on my lap.

Johnny clung to my shirt, whimpering while he buried his head into my chest. I wrapped my arms around him to comfort him as best as I could. "Guys, don't be mean look at Johnny," Darry said, walking into the room. Sodapop nodded slowly, I could see he was grinning, but he wasn't grinning on purpose. I mean, shit, even I was grinning. Ponyboy was catching his breath, and Sodapop went to Steve and smacked him upside the head.

"Knock it off, Steve. You're hurting Johnny's feelings. Dallas will break your jaw for that." Sodapop said annoyed. Steve looked at me. "Shit man, sorry it just made me laugh. I don't mean to hurt your feelings," he explained. Johnny nodded slowly, still hiding his face. Two-Bit was still laughing, and I was wondering if he was about to suffocate or not.

Two-Bit might've laughed for a good 5 minutes until he was gasping for air. By that time, everyone was calm. "Damn, you done Two-Bit?" Ponyboy asked, raising a brow. Two-Bit nodded. "Yeah, I am. Sorry, it was just hilarious to me." "Didn't expect ya'll to have it so soon in your relationship," Steve said while Sodapop nodded.

I pulled Sodapop over by his shirt. "Well, maybe if you and Steve could keep your hands off of each other in my car," I muttered to him, and then grinned, pushing him away. Sodapop's face turned a dark red, and he turned to Steve. Steve looked at him confused, and they both walked away. I could only grin and snicker. "Dallas, what did you tell Soda?" Darry asked me.

I looked at him and then back at the TV. "Oh nothing, just told him something about yesterday," I said to put what I had told Soda into a few words. Darryl knew I wasn't gonna tell him, so he didn't push further into his questioning. We must've stayed there for hours, playing a few board games, watching whatever was on the TV, eating chocolate cake.

I started feeling drowsy, so I was planning to go home, but johnny wanted to stay, and so did everyone else. We decided to have a huge sleepover at the Curtis residency. Johnny and I decided to share the couch, Two-bit slept in the armchair, and Sodapop shared the bed with Steve since Ponyboy switched places. I could understand why he might've not wanted to be in there.

We enjoyed our time together, it was fun, and there was always something gonna happen that we just had to wait and see about. Maybe that was why I stayed with the gang besides Johnny. It was because there was unpredictability.