[Johnnyboy] Caretaking

Trigger Warning - Descriptive Scenes, Blood, Slight-Violence

Ponyboy's POV

___________________________

I was shaking and crying while I sat down in my room. I cried out in pain while Sodapop and Darry were patching me up. "Glory Ponyboy...Darryl, are you sure we shouldn't take him to the hospital?" Sodapop said, worried as he glanced at Darry. Darry only nodded. "Yeah, he'll be fine. He doesn't need any doctors." He said sternly. Sodapop sighed while I flinched and kicked Darry's arm away.

"Dammit, Ponyboy I'm trying to help stop moving!" Darry yelled angrily. I could only tremble and continue to sob. "Darry, please calm down. Yelling isn't making this situation better.." Sodapop begged while he kept padding off blood from my upper chest and neck. Those gashes are pretty deep, Ponyboy. You might need to rest for maybe a week or two, at least from my guessing." Soda said while Darry had left the room irritated from me.

"I-I'm sorry..." I mumbled, wiping my tears while Sodapop just patted my leg. "Don't be. You have nothing to be sorry about. It's those no good Socs anyways. Oh, Ponyboy, they did this to you...You're bleeding from everywhere under the sun!" Sodapop said in a petrified tone while he got up. "Steve, get me another rag!" He yelled out the door. I heard a muffled yell.

I looked down at Sodapop's hand only to see a rag. It was engulfed in a crimson red colour...dripping from it. I knew that was my blood from the moment I saw it. "Soda..." I mumbled, trying to tell him I wasn't feeling so good. I put a hand on my head, which slid down my neck, and I swayed side to side before things faded to black.

___________________________

"Ponyboy...Ponyboy, wake up!" I heard someone yelling, but it was muffled, and there was a loud buzzing in my ear. I lifted my head a little, but my body gave out almost immediately. "Ah hell," I muttered and opened my eyes up slowly. It was a blur at first. "...Soda..?" I mumbled. "Soda is at work, and so is Darry. It's me, Two-Bit." I turned my head to see who was right next to me.

Yeah, it was Two-Bit. The voice and the grin told me that immediately. "God, you made us panic when Sodapop said that you just passed out. You wouldn't wake up, and Darry was about to call the hospital." Two-Bit said with a concerned look on his face. I looked away, not understanding what was going on. My head felt like it was on fire.

"Johnnycake was a sobbing mess earlier. He kept trying to wake you up...he was worse than we had ever seen him." Two-Bit said. I felt terrible. "Johnny..." I sat up quickly and tried to get up, but my legs felt so weak I fell, and Keith caught my fall. "Woah there, Pony! You have to rest you're not well." He pushed me back, but I persisted.

"Where is Johnny?" I asked repeatedly, but he didn't answer. I was getting angry. "I said...where. Is. JOHNNY!?" I yelled and punched him right in the face. I fell to the ground, but I didn't care. Two-Bit stumbled back and held onto his nose. "You idiot that hurt!" He growled and looked down at me. "He's on the couch calm down! Or else I'll get Darry back here, and he'll beat the tar out of you!"

I could only growl and look away before I slowly crawled over to the wall and leaned onto it for support. I stood up and trembled before looking at Two-Bit. "Go get yourself patched up Two-Bit," I said. He just scowled and walked away. I used the wall to get around, but it took me a while just to gain the strength and balance to stand up by myself. I took small steps but soon made it to the couch.

Two-bit was right. There was Johnny. All huddled up under a blanket, trembling, with tears in his sleep. I frowned. It hurt to see him like this, and I wasn't gonna allow him to be like this for long. I moved his legs and sat down on the couch reaching over I gently shook his shoulder. "Johnny..?" I said softly. He only flinched and hid his head further into his jacket. I shook him harder. "Johnny," I said more firmly. He whimpered slightly and woke up.

His eyes opened slowly and looked at me. I could only feel a sense of relief and comfort in his eyes. "Hey, Johnnycake," I said softly. His eyes widened with a sudden gasp before he jumped onto me and hugged me tightly. He broke down in tears and sobbed into my chest. I could only wrap my arms around him, pulling him close.

"Johnnycake..." I said softly and closed my eyes. I gently stroked his head while I stayed there, comforting him as best as I could. "I thought you were dead...Y-you wouldn't wake up," Johnny said softly, looking up at me. I felt a tug at my heart, and I put a hand on his cheek. "Johnny...please don't cry. You don't know how much it hurts me." I said, leaning down towards him.

He took a deep breath to try and stop himself from crying even more. I felt my face heat up. I leaned and kissed his tears away. He flinched but didn't push away. He gripped onto my clothes and held onto me tightly. "Sorry for being such a big baby...At least you don't yell at me for it." Johnny said and smiled softly at me. "That's..." His face flushed a bright red as he looked down. "That's what I love about you..."

My face blushed red as well, but I smiled. I lifted his chin and then kissed him softly. Johnny flinched a bit but leaned into the kiss, I could only smile softly and pulled him closer. He broke the kiss with a dark red colour on his face and smiled nervously. "H-Hah...I didn't expect you to do that. It felt so nice." He said with a grin slowly growing on his face.

I grinned as well. "Sorry, I just could not think of anything else to show how much I love you," I said, hugging Johnny. Johnny looked up at me. "Well, you could let me see if you're okay. I know Sodapop bandaged you up, but the bandages probably need to be replaced." He said as worry filled his voice again. I could only nod, knowing that Johnny was worried about me. He smiled, and I slowly lifted my shirt. "Glory, is there really that many bandages?" I asked, shocked. I guess I hadn't noticed much. Though my arms, lower legs and chest were in bandages.

"T-Those Socs jumped you real good..." Johnny said stuttering. "You better believe they jumped him good! Dear Lord, you were bleeding all over the place. You should have seen Soda's shirt once we got you in the house. Though you should remember that." Two-bit interrupted, walking into the room. "Soda changed your clothes and the bedsheets once he got you patched up, and then he had to go to work," Two-bit explained, giving me context to what happened after I had passed out.

"Darry made us promise to stay here and watch you until either he or Sodapop got home," Johnny said while Two-bit slouched on the armchair and yawned. "You started shaking on the bed, so I got scared. That's why I started calling your name." Two-bit scratched the back of his head and looked away.

I had a sick feeling in my stomach from remembering how much blood was around me and surrounded me when I was on the bed before I passed out. "Two-Bit enough, he's clearly uncomfortable.." Johnny said while Two-bit looked at it. "Sorry, anyways, do you guys want something to eat?" I nodded while Johnny shook his head. "I'll take an egg." Two-bit just walked away into the kitchen. Johnny had stayed quiet still just cuddling close to me.

"Hey Ponyboy..?" Johnny mumbled softly. "Hm.. yeah what is it, Johnnycake?" I looked down at him. "You promise that if you're ever going somewhere tell us alright..? No one knew you were even out of the house...That's why we got there so late when the Socs got to you..." Johnny started tearing up again, but I wiped his tears away. "Yeah, Johnnycake. I promise, baby don't you worry anymore." I said softly and kissed him softly. He smiled and closed his eyes. I held him close to me.