the treehouse

(Jack POV)

two hours. it took me two hours to get rid of Blarg. reminded me of running from joe, one of my foster parents from a couple years back.

I hijacked some kid's bike after maybe a mile or two and it took me nearly a whole lap around town to throw Blarg off of my trail. I decided to cut through a nice suburban neighborhood and stay in some non-zombie infested house. well, that's what I was going to do until I saw a house with a treehouse. and not just any house. one I lived in for about a year.

my mind flashbacked to when I was thirteen years old. a moving van, and an RC car. I remembered a middle school, filled with a nerdy best friend, a mohawked bully, and a cute Hispanic girl I had a crush on. not that I dream about saving her from some giant monster. well not anymore, you know. since the apocalypse.

I took a crowbar I stole from a biker zombie and popped the front door of its hinges. I was met with three zombies, zombies who I somewhat knew. my old foster family. a burst of lead and nothing was left but a couple of bloody, cold, corpses lying on the welcome mat. I walked through the halls remembering terrible stuff. a belt smack here, a soc to the gut there. good times.

but the best thing about this house? the treehouse. I never really went in it unless my stepdad told me to bring a Pepsi up to my stepbro. but it was sick. there was a TV, he had Playsations and Xboxes galore. I loved it. not that I ever played any games in it.

when I walked up into the treehouse it changed a lot. looked like there was some rotting wood, but most of it was covered by weirdo porn posters. my step bro had a great place to hang out, but he ruined it. sad isn't it?

as I was taking down all of the weird stuff lying around I thought about staying in wakefield. I had the greatest best friend ever, here. I had my first serious crush here. I stood up to a bully here. I don't see why I wouldn't want to stay here. despite my amazing personality, I'm not a big city kind of guy.

first order of business? find my best friend.