the boyfriend

(Quint's POV)

I knew jack would be shocked. but what I didn't expect was for him to be happier than confused. he wore a beaming smile, his eyes welling with tears.

"I never expected this day to come!" Jack says in an overly energetic tone "that my dear Quint would start dating!"

"Jack?" I ask him "are you being sarcastic?"

"No!" Jack says, "I'm being a dog!"

before I can reprimand jack, a terrifying screech echoes down the street. we turn to see a giant winged wretch prowling towards us. it lets out a couple more roars of pure terror before lunging towards us.

"GET DOWN!" Dirk yells shoving me and Jack down with him "I hate those things."

"In the truck friends!" I exclaim, rushing into the passenger seat of the truck.

"I'm driving!" Dirks says lunging into the driver's seat, "where are the keys? we need to go!"

"I'm driving!" Jack yells jangling the car keys "you can drive when I get my car!"

Dirk nabs the keys from Jack, shoves him in the back, and speeds down the crumbled road, the wretch on our tail. Dirk looks at me for assistance, just like he did for the past two years. I hit a red button that shoots fireworks at the winged monster.

"woo!" Dirk says, leaning over to kiss me "that's my nerd!"

"hold it!" Jack says rummaging through a box on the floor 

"what?" me and dirk ask simultaneously

Jack pulls out a camera beaming "you may continue"

me and Dirk grin then turn back around, kissing each other.