the arsenal

(Jack POV)

boring. boring. boring.

Dirk and Quint are both ranting on about how I have to stop running off and that it was very irresponsible while June was just chilling next to me drinking the slushie we stole her from the gas station. that would've made a great YouTube video.

"HEY!" I snap "look I'm sorry and all that but we need to get ready for Blarg! you guys need to finish yelling at me and start getting the rest of the treehouse defenses up! I need to up my game."

while my buddies get to work, I do indeed up my game. by that I mean that I needed a new gun. my tiny pistol wasn't getting the job done and my assault rifle and shotgun both belonged to Quint and Dirk now, so I needed something new.

the Ruger PC 2.0! extended magazine, for more pew pews, and detachable barrel extensions, for higher accuracy! It's versatility makes it the ultimate apocalypse gun!

not only that but also the freedom fighter! a modified Freedom Arms gun with a bigger magazine, denser bullets, and is also able to fit in the tiniest of spaces. I also have a Swiss army knife attached.

I put up some test dummies and sure enough they're mowed down in seconds.

I add some more duct tape to the Louisville slicer so I can grip it better. not much you can do with it.

"BLARG!" 

we all line up battle ready. I'm able to get in a couple more cool gadgets before Blarg comes rumbling into our neighborhood. acid grenades, flash bombs, and even a makeshift flamethrower.

now or never.

"June I need to tell you something," I say "If we don't make it out I want you to know-"

"save it." she snaps "tell me after. because we're making it out alive."

she grasps my hand much to my glee and with that we're staring down Blarg. my best friends, my family united in one last stand against a super villain. just how I wanted to go out.