life restored

┏━━━━ ◦ 𑁍 ◦ ━━━━┓
"Slipping through
my fingers all the
time, I try to capture
every minute 
The feeling in it."
┗━━━━ ◦ 𑁍 ◦ ━━━━┛

"┗━━━━ ◦ 𑁍 ◦ ━━━━┛

━━━━━ ◦ 𑁍 ◦ ━━━━━

I look to Sprite approaching slowly and cautiously. Druig nods to me as I slide his hands off my sides. I step towards Sprite and her eyes water as she stares at me.

I sigh and quickly walk to her. I hug her tightly as she sobs "i'm sorry.. i'm so sorry, gaia."

Closing my eyes as I hold her tightly to me shaking my head I say "Don't. It's okay. I understand. Sprite, I still love you. You're still family."

She sobs "I didn't want to hurt anyone. I just... I just wanted everything that the others had. I just wanted to be normal, like everyone else."

I nod sadly "I know. And you deserved that life too." She looks to me saying "Is he gone?" Referring to Ikaris

I frown squeezing in the hug tighter saying "Yes, I'm sorry." She nods sadly and heaves a shaky breath as she cries into my shoulder.

Sersi steps towards me and says "Sprite,... Gaia and I, we still have energy from the uni-mind. I think together, we can make you human."

Sprite slowly removes herself from my embrace to look at Sersi while my expression drops and I feel the sudden amount of tears cloud my vision.

I look to Sprite as her bottom lip quivers and I see her pain from the years of being overlooked or undeserving. All she ever wanted was a normal life and to be loved.

I sigh as Sersi says "All the things you said you wanted, you can have them

I sigh as Sersi says "All the things you said you wanted, you can have them."

Sprite looks to me quickly with hope but sadness in her expression. I put my hands on her shoulders saying "Your time would be fleeting and you'll die one day. I'll lose you one day.."

She looks down and I say shakily "Are you ready for that?"

She says "I am."

I close my eyes momentarily and swipe my tears away as I remove my hands from Sprites shoulders.