Chapter 23 : intruder

-fast forward 6 weeks later-

An Unknown figure Walks into Izumi's room,no one was there.The unknown figure was wearing a hoodie and a mask that completely covered his face,on the top of the mask it looked like it was chipped off.

Unknown figure  : looks like they are out

The unknown figure Then notices a notebook on Izumi's table,it looked something familiar to the unknown figure.

The unknown figure then took a glance on the diary.The unknown figure flipped through the pages and starts to read them.

-page 1-

" Dear diary,

I've decided to write a diary once a week.It's been 1 week since Yakeru has been missing.it isn't the same without him.The place has gone quiet and pretty much dead.after the first day,we didn't make any progress at all.Marina couldn't trace his location,it keeps saying there is an error

I sure hope that we find him soon."

The unknown figure smirks beneath his mask,He lifts his mask to the top right of his head.(sorry,I can't tell you guys how he looks like !!)

Unknown figure : pretty interesting if you ask me

-page 2-

"
Dear Diary,

It's been the second week since Yakeru is missing, I cried like mad because of it.We found an alarming rate of black inked inkling activities.It was like they kept coming to attack us.

I'm trying my hardest to cope with Yakeru's disappearance but I-I just can't."

Unknown figure :....cute...

Suddenly the Unknown figure's phone starts vibrating,someone was calling him.he picks up the phone call.

????? : hurry up and gather the information

Unknown figure : shut up,I'm trying my best ,Sheldon.

Sheldon : well you gotta try harder ! We need to uncrack this mystery,#4£%*>!

Unknown figure : just chill,you're acting like a boss or something

Sheldon : Hey,are you calling me bossy ??!

Unknown figure : yes yes

Sheldon : you know what,just grab all the info we need and GET OUTTA THERE

Sheldon hangs up the call,The unknown figure rolls his eyes and continues reading the diary

- page 3-

Dear Diary,

A whole group of black inked inklings were spotted attacking others in Inkopolis.It seems like it is a virus or something.Meanwhile Marina is trying to find other ways of finding Yakeru.I'm starting to lose hope on finding Yakeru,but I won't give up yet !"

Unknown figure :....too bad I wasn't told about this sooner

The unknown figure flips to the next page

-page 4-

"
Dear Diary,

Akio has become a bit more distant towards me,the funny clown has finally start to lose his goofines.I want to believe that Yakeru is still out there,but we still can't find him.Marina couldn't find his location,it was no use.it kept saying there is a stupid error

It's been 1 month since he has disappeared,Marie and Callie put up a grave near octo canyon which has his name on it,his tombstone but no ashes inside.

It's not confirmed that he is dead but...it's been 1 month...he is probably dead already.

Akio started taking things a bit more seriously,while I am trying to gather myself together and keep up with him."

Unknown figure : i can't believe my eyes..Agent 4 has finally started to get serious ?

-page 5-

"
Dear Diary,

Its week 5,I have finally accepted his "death",but there is still hope that he is still alive,just that the light is dim.

I have started training,trying to get better.Akio became serious and sometimes still goofing around but it is seldom .

We are trying to stop the black inked inklings,stop the virus, and save Inkopolis.

Sometimes,I go to his grave and sit over there.Looking off into the distance.I still see him tho,the sanitised version of him.He just appears out of no where and faded away."

Unknown figure : it sounds like everyone has changed from what I am reading.

-page 6-

"
Dear Diary,

It's been 6 weeks,Akio and I went on a mission and didn't sleep for 4 days straight.Is that a achievement?

Anyways,Marie and Callie is a bit down but they are still the same.Akio and I.....well let's just say we aren't doing too well.Training has been going ok,but I need to get better.

I don't think there is anymore hope that Yakeru is still alive."

Unknown figure:....it's fine.we can still solve this mystery even if they have given up.It's a bit sad to see them give up tho.

The unknown figure took Izumi's Diary and stuffed it in his pocket.

The unknown figure looked to the left,there were many bandages at sight.

Suddenly,the unknown figure heard someone coming into the room.The unknown figure jumps out of Izumi's window and hides.

The door opened,it was Izumi.

*izumi looks something like this now

Izumi looks around,she felt that something was off

Izumi looks around,she felt that something was off.Izumi looks at her table,there was something missing.It was her Diary.

Izumi: ...someone took my diary..

Izumi looks at the window,with what seems like "dead" eyes.There was no light in her eyes anymore.

Izumi didn't think much of it and left her room.

Unknown figure : damn...that was...rather close ?

The unknown figure than runs off to meet Sheldon.

Izumi looks at Akio

Izumi : did you take my diary?

Akio has a confused look,Akio went back to having a straight face

Akio : no

Izumi :....Well that is weird,because my diary is missing.

Akio : maybe you are just blind

Izumi gives a stare

Izumi : no I am not

Akio : whatever,anyways.we have report to octo canyon later,Marie needs us.

Izumi : ok got it