Chapter 29: a Funeral

-fast forward a day later-

Izumi :....

Akio :...

Izumi : ...at least...we gave him a proper funeral...

Callie,Marie,Captain cuttlefish,Akio and Izumi was at Yakeru's funeral.

Izumi :...

Callie walks up to Izumi and taps her shoulder.

Callie :...sorry for your...our?...loss..

Izumi breaks down in tears

Izumi:...I-I never wanted this to happen...I thought I could save him....but I....I didn't know he was Akuma...

Marie steps in and joins the conversation

Marie : ...it is ok...this is fate.

Izumi :....

Everyone at Yakeru's funeral mourned for their loss,it was silent and had a dead atmosphere.

-fast forward a few days later-

Callie and Marie was still sad but had to move on,Captain cuttlefish visits Yakeru's grave some nights.Akio is deeply saddened and probably can't recover from this.Izumi....

Akio comes in to check in with Izumi.But what he found would leave him speechless.

Izumi was there on her bed,a knife in her hand.There were ink(blood?)stains all over her body.She had no life in her eyes.

Akio was in shock,he didn't know that Izumi would resort to this.

Akio quickly called for the ambulance,but it was too late.She is gone.

Izumi wakes up in a place in the sky.She looks around and sees Yakeru,in scars and black ink.

Izumi :....

Yakeru :....why did you do that?

Izumi:...I couldn't handle your death.

Yakeru:...I'm sorry..

Izumi hugs Yakeru

Izumi : at least I get to be with you again.

Yakeru :....let's go...

Yakeru takes izumi's hands and guides her to the gates,they both rested in paradise happily

Meanwhile,Akio couldn't get over all the deaths that happened around him.Akio sees a therapist now and then,questioning about him and his life.

Izumi's grave was right beside Yakeru's.Akio would usually go visit his friend's grave.