Snapped

"Potter! 10 points from Gryffindor – pay attention. Just because you're the 'Chosen one'," Snape spat, "doesn't mean you can slack off in my class!"  

Harry grumbled and rolled his eyes. Snape had been getting all up his arse the whole lesson about his fame and how good his home life must be. It was, to be frank, pretty annoying. I mean, was Snape jealous of his fame or something?  

He turned back to his partner, Neville just in time to catch the ingredient about to go into the bubbling cauldron. "Jesus Nev! Even I know you shouldn't put moongrass in this potion! Why was it even out of the cupboard?" Thank goodness for seeker reflexes – their potion would've exploded and led to more points being removed as well as a detention making him miss Quidditch practice.  

"Sorry Harry. I must have misread the ingredient list." The herbologist looked over the page in the book again and smacked his forehead. "I'm so stupid. It was supposed to be-" Neville went off on a tangent muttering about what went wrong while Harry just smiled fondly and sighed. He was looking at the ingredient still in his hand when Snape came back over to them. 

"POTTER!" He bellowed. "Put that away! Do you know how dangerous that specific ingredient is around this potion?" the potions professor was furious. The bloody brat had just put his possible spot for the DADA professor in jeopardy by almost blowing up his class! 

Neville whimpered and bowed his head. Harry glared. 

"Professor! I was just putting it away! Nev almost put it in the cauldron – I caught it before anything could explode!" But his words were pointless. 

"Look Potter, I know you're an imbecile and full of yourself, but do you really need to make it look like you saved the day all the time? You'renot in your golden palace surrounded by people willing to dote on you. 40 points from Gryffindor and detention with me." Snape's eyes glittered maliciously. 

Harry was practically foaming. He was livid and mad and angry and who did Snape think he was bringing up his home life all the time?! Harry sputtered. "Sir! That's so unfair! Just because you hate me due to me being a reminder that you didn't bang my mum doesn't mean you can take it out on me." The class went silent. Harry paid no mind and ploughed on.   

"For the record, sir, I love my home life. I just love having an entire cupboard under the stairs just to myself, and I love all the chores I have to do! I love the scraps I get for food, and I love being beaten within an inch of my life and my favourite part is that it is all done by some magic hating muggle who I am actually related to. The best part is that I have not made any of this up – go see Poppy for my medical records; the malnutrition and abuse is real." 

The door slammed shut on the boys way out. 

Ugh, I have no motivation to writeeeeee
10.03.2022

Edited - 12.04.2022