Ship roulette [REQUEST] (part 1)

OwlAndNightwatch - I know you didnt exactly request... but I like the idea so here you go!

Summary/plot: Just the teachers secretly making up ship names as hogwarts houses and awarding them points under their breath.

I love this idea!

***

linny

drarry

pansmione

blairon

theville

croyle (😂😂😂)

***

The teachers started this at the start of Harry's third year - Prisoner of Azkaban.

***

Linny

Luna was in charms class helping her classmate Ginny Weasley with the lumos charm when she first heard it.

Ginny leaned over her to check that her notes were correct before adapting her own on where she was incorrect. Professor Flitwick walked past, beamed and muttered something under his breath. To Luna it sounded something like, "10 points for Linny."

Ginny was carrying Luna's books, so the blonde could borrow Collin's camera and take a photo of the sunset, when she first heard it.

Luna smiled happily at the camera before returning it to Collin who smiled and ran off. Headmaster Dumbledore walked past the two girls and remarked on the weather. "It's a beautiful evening, isn't it Miss Weasley and Miss Lovegood? I think it's perfect for couples to go on a late night date." He winked and walked off but not before Ginny heard the words, "So cute, 10 points to Linny." being muttered.

By the end of the year, Linny had 438 points. 2 points were removed because a teacher (Professor Sprout) found each girl talking, laughing and blushing with a different girl and was angry about it - so she took a point from each.

***

Drarry

The first time Draco heard it, he was helping a student pick up their books after they had collided in the corridor.

Professor Lupin was walking past and helped the two students out. He picked a stray book up from the floor and dropped it in Draco's hands before winking at the other person and saying bye.

But not before muttering "25 points to Drarry," under his breath.

Draco's eyes narrowed before dismissing it. He turned to the student to apologise and got the shock of his life when he discovered it was Harry Potter he was just helping.

Divination class was always boring and confusing to Harry but today was the weirdest - especially when his teacher said the randomest thing.

Him and Malfoy were partnered up together and had to read each other's palms. That meant touching each other willingly.

He had grabbed Malfoy's hand, who's owner was whining, when Professor Trelawney squealed as she walked past and mumbled "15 points to Drarry," under her breath. Harry noticed she hadn't said anything similar near the other students all lesson.

By the end of the year, Drarry had gained 625 points. The teachers who betted the most on this particular pairing were Professor Lupin and Professor Snape.

***

Pansmione

The first time Hermione heard it was when she was helping Parkinson reach a book in the library.