Chapter 6

Blackstar started the gathering off by talking about how his clan was thriving. "Our medicine cat, Foxfall, has sadly lost her apprentice to a dog." Murmurs flooded the crowd of dogs in Thunderclan. "However, we drove the dog away. We hope to free Thunderclan from the threat of dogs as soon as possible. The prey has been depleting because of the dogs, but we have enough prey to keep Thunderclan well fed." He mewed. "That is all from Thunderclan." Waspstar was next, he stood up tall. "Windclan has been doing very well in these past few moons, we have no dogs and prey is plump. This leafbare, Windclan will be well fed and content. I recently have gotten a new deputy since Lightningbelly retired. Vinepounce is a wonderful deputy with strong abilities. She will show greatness to her clan." "It seems that Windclan thinks that it's really strong." Blackstar added. "Well I just mean to talk about how well we are doing." Waspstar turned his attention to Blackstar with a glare. "That is all from Windclan." Flamestar stepped up from his seating position. "Shadowclan has gotten two new apprentices, Honeypaw and Dawnpaw." Honeypaw sat up with pride while Dawnpaw smiled nervously as all eyes were on her. "And for our prey," Flamestar began again, "We have enough, but we are not as well fed as Windclan, I presume." He turned to Waspstar who, in return, gave him a prideful look. "We will soon have more apprentices and a little later, more warriors. Shadowclan will soon grow bigger and stronger. That is all from Shadowclan." Finally, Frogstar was left. He cleared his throat and spoke. "In Riverclan, there are plenty of fish and we have not seen any dogs nor have lost a cat. I am really sorry about your apprentice Foxfall. May Starclan enlighten both your paths," He bowed his head slightly, "As for any new warriors, Brindlespots and Jumpsplash promise to uphold the code just last moon. However, in more serious news, one of my warriors spotted a Shadowclan apprentice at the Windclan border." Meows and hisses ran through the cats. Frogstar leaned his head to the side. "Falmestar, do you have an alliance with Windclan?" "We have no such thing with Shadowclan." Waspstar angrily spat. "Now we do not have an alliance," Flamestar tried to defuse the situation, "Which apprentice did your warrior see?" Frogstar pointed his nose to the direction where Squirrelpaw and Amberpaw were. Both Windclan and Shadowclan cats murmured to each other with hate in their voices. "Calm down Shadowclan." Flamestar objected. Squirrelpaw stood up calmly. "I was on border patrol and so was he. I never crossed your border and he didn't cross ours." "Then why did you stay there? Where was your mentor?" A Riverclan warrior questioned. "We just made small talk." Suggested Amberpaw. Frogstar hushed the crowd and sighed. "Let the apprentices speak." He waited patiently for both the tom's explanations. "We were on border patrol, me and my mentor, and he left me so I patrolled near the Windclan border when I met up with Amberpaw." Squirrelpaw explained. "And then we became friends." Added the orange tabby. "Nowhere in the warrior code does it say you two can not be friends." The Riverclan leader mewed. Waspstar unsheathed his claws and sighed. "I suppose. But you can not see each other like that again. You two shall only meet at gatherings. Do you understand?" The two shook their heads.  "That will be the end of the gathering, Riverclan," Frogstar's voice was always soft, "Let's go back to camp." Riverclan cats gathered and walked back to camp like a school of fish.  "Thunderclan cats, back to camp." Blackstar guided his cats back to their territory. "Shadowclan cats, let's go back to camp." Flamestar gathered his clan up and they walked back to camp. Windclan was last, however Dawnpaw didn't hear them being dismissed. She trodded with the rest of her clan, tired of the long night of arguing and droning voices.  As soon as she laid in the nicely placed moss, she fell fast asleep, awaiting another day.