Eight

It's been a few days and Bucky and Amelia have been spending more time with each other. There are times where he pulls away but it's becoming something that Amelia is used too that it doesn't bother her as it did in the beginning. It's almost like they take one step forward and 3 steps back.

But he's been coming out of his shell little by little, and she's hopeful. He can still be intimating when he's quiet and just plain staring. Amelia has noticed that his hands have been brushing against her a lot more. She caught herself desperately wanting to feel his bare touch.

Bucky's attraction for Amelia has been growing a lot more than he's been wanting. He didn't know how much longer he can take before he does something he'll regret. It has became harder and harder to keep control when it came to her.

Sam had ultimately made the choice to give up the shield over. Amelia didn't agree with him giving it up but he is her best friend. She had to support him.

True to his word, he managed to get her a private showing of the Steve's memorial museum.

She was so busy packing that she jumped at the sound of her phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Amelia!" A chirpy voice comes from the other line.

"Hey Krystal. What's up?"

"We're all going to a out for some drinks. We wanted to see if you wanted to go?"

Amelia looks at the bag on her bed and the pile of clothes next to it.

"I can't. I still have to pack."

"Come on Amelia. You don't leave until Sunday afternoon. That's 2 days away."

She really thought about it and and lets out a sigh. She was right and she wanted to let loose for once. She felt her body tensed. It's something she needed. Let off some steam, maybe finally give in and listen to Sarah's advice.

"Okay. Where do I meet you?"

"Oh don't worry. Jack volunteered to pick you up."

"No. I can manage, just tell me where."

"Come on Amelia. Let Jack pick you up, he really has a thing for you."

"Krystal, I don't see Jack that way. Plus I have to go do something first. It's better if I just meet you all there."

"Look, like I said before, you don't have to run into a relationship with him. Test him out. Who knows maybe it can lead to something casual."

Amelia lets her words sink in. Krystal had been the only person she's told that it's been a while since she's had sex. Ever since she's made it her mission to get Amelia some action. Even at the dispense of her friend who had a crush on her.

"Okay maybe. Just maybe I can do something casual with Jack but that would have to wait until after cause I really have to do something first."

"Okay fine. We'll be at Izzy's at 8:00pm. And don't be late."

"No promises!"

"Amelia-"

Before she can hear her complain, Amelia hangs up. Truth is that she didn't have anything to do before meeting them there. She just didn't feel comfortable with Jack picking her up. It almost felt like he's a date picking her up and if she was going to go through it, it had to be casual. Completely casual.

After she finishes up packing the last things, she hops in the shower. Amelia thinks over how she's going to go about the casual thing with Jack. It had been a more than obvious that Jack had a thing for her since they were introduced at the hospital. But it seemed to grow more through the weeks.