Twenty-Four

Vote & Comment 🖤🤍

"Amelia!"

Amelia flinches as Eddie shouts of her name. He can see the heartbreak look in her eyes and guilt fills him once again.

If only I was able to tell you the truth.

"We're here," he nods to the building outside. Amelia looks up to it and lets out a deep breath. She reaches for the door handle but stops, "Amelia, you sure this is a good idea? You know that with Sam being in there, Bucky will be too."

"I don't care. Sam needs me," Amelia says in hopes to convince him.

More like convincing yourself.

"Don't worry Amelia. We'll be right here," Daisy reassures her. She gives Eddie a look that tells him to stop. Eddie sits back into his seat and mumbled an apology.

All she can do is nod, before exiting and making her way inside the police station. 'What the hell did this idiot do?' Amelia thought to herself.

She just couldn't find a logical reason to make her understand why on earth Sam is at the police station. The second she steps inside, she sees and goes straight to the front desk. She reaches the front desk and the officer looks at her, "May I help you?"

Just as she's about to demand him in telling her where Sam is, someone shouts her name.

"Amelia!"

She turns towards the direction of the voice and finds her best friend. Free? She let's out a relieved breath, thankful he's not in a cell or hurt. Her relief quickly turns to confusion. He looks fine. Why did he make me come out all the way here?

Amelia takes big steps towards him and embraces him into a hug. Sam lets out a small chuckle and hugs her back. "You have no idea how relieved I am to see you unharmed," Amelia says.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you," Sam hugs her back.

That single gesture comforted her yet Sam didn't know it. Then once again, a wave of emotions hit her all at once. She immediately feels like her eyes water and she blinks them away. She pulls away and quickly wipes away the ones that managed to escape.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Hurt?"

"No."

"Arrested?"

"No."

"Detained."

"No."

"Then what the hell are you doing here? What's going on Sam?" She questioned him.

"I'll explain everything but first I need you to listen to me," Sam says.

"I'm all ears," Amelia says.

"It's Bucky..." Sam starts but is quickly interrupted.

"Is he okay? Is he hurt?" Amelia asks quickly visibly concerned.

"He's okay..." Sam eyes her. "He just got arrested and he asked me to call you. See if you can help by posting his bail?"

"What the hell did he do to get himself in here!?" She growls.

"That man-" Amelia starts but then realization settles like a bucket of cold water. His words sinking in and Sam knew she caught what he said. He crosses his arms and looks at her expectantly.

Bucky asked Sam to call me?

"He asker for you to call me?" Amelia says worriedly.

"You heard me right the first time Amelia," Sam gives her a look that says don't even try to deny it.