01

“Hey, hyung!”

Minho stifled a sigh. “What is it?”

“I love you.”

“Congrats.”

“Are you even listening?”

Minho put down the book he had been reading and looked over at Jisung who was lying on the couch, playing with his hair. It had grown out a lot; he had visible dark roots that contrasted with the rest of his bleached hair.

“Why are you even here, dumbass?” he asked, putting a cigarette in between his lips and lighting it with matches.

“Can’t I keep you company? You haven’t talked to me for like a week,” Jisung pouted while speaking, sitting up to wrap his arms around Minho’s neck. “You know...I was very lonely before I met you.”

Minho took a long breath out of his cigarette and resumed reading his book, hoping that ignoring Jisung would make him tired and he’d leave.

“Alright then.” The blond stood up. “Let’s say you don’t feel like talking, I will make us something to eat.”

Jisung came back after few minutes, holding two bowls of ramen and two pairs of chopsticks. He sat down in front of Minho and handed him one of the bowls. “Here you go. I can’t really cook anything else.”

“I am not hungry,” Minho shrugged and was about to stand up, but Jisung grabbed his wrists, forcing him to stay.

“You smoke all the time, hyung. Body needs to be fed to function. How do you expect to dance with no food in your stomach? Come on.”

Minho’s whole body wanted to resist, but his mind didn’t. He nodded and grabbed the bowl. “Thank you...Jisung.”

“Anything for you, hyung!”

Jisung ended up falling asleep on Minho's lap. He didn’t move for an hour, his legs were so sore that he thought he wouldn’t be able to move them ever again. But, something about Jisung’s peaceful looking face made him not want to move. He didn’t want to disturb the calmness. He finally wasn’t being an annoying brat.

He unknowingly reached out his hand and buried his fingers into Jisung’s hair. He was surprised at how soft it was even though it’s been bleached. Jisung smiled in satisfaction from his sleep, so Minho continued to stroke his head and play with the strands of his hair. He then traced his features, caressed his cheeks and brushed a thumb against his lips.

"H-hyung?"

Minho panicked. "Uh, get off me!" He pushed the other from his lap and stood up quickly, hissing at the ants now crawling around his legs.

“You should have woken me up...You must have been annoyed," the younger whispered, guilt coating his voice.

"At least I didn't have to listen to your endless talking," Minho coughed awkwardly, taking the empty bowls and taking them to the kitchen.

"Hyung?" He heard Jisung exclaim from the living room.

"What."

"I have to go to work now, I have a lot of things to do."

"You don't have to explain, just leave."

"Sorry! Don’t forget to eat dinner, hyung!” Jisung laughed and soon after, the door being opened was heard, followed by a loud thud.

Minho let out a huge sigh, grabbing his chest to feel his heart beating aggressively against his ribcage.

“What was that?”