Chapter 3

Guys I've got a meeting with my head teacher to discuss the homophobia and transphobia I've experienced in school. My ENGLISH TEACHER set it up too, she's actually such a goddess😩❤️

Also that is why I missed the last update..I'm so sorry. I was just stressed from the fact I have a meeting with a blatantly trans and homophobic teacher about the transphobia and homophobia I've experienced and I'm not sure what to do 😩

Seriously tho I'm REALLY sorry!!

Anyways:
700 words (not including the start, or these words)

~~~Eden~~~

We spent the next few days avoiding eachother. Well, me avoiding him and him trying to talk to me but giving up and sighing. I feel bad for pushing him away, he's such an amazing guy, but I can't put myself in that vulnerable situation again. Michael was FINALLY gone and I wasn't ready to open myself up like that again.

"Eden would you please just WAIT?! I want to talk to you! What happened that night?" His whole body stiffened. Not here. Not right now. Please not right now, we're in public! People are gonna think we broke up! Oh god oh god what do I DO?!

Play dumb. Yes, that's it. Play dumb! "Who are you?" NOT THAT DUMB! "S-sorry that's a lie. I know who you are. Uhm...meet me at home in about 45 minutes and I'll talk to you there, okay?"

Jayden smiled. "You got it boss!" He turned away happily abd skipped ro his car, driving off into the distance. He's so adorable...

"You got that right! Now why on earth would you push HIM away!? Just look at the boy! If I were your age I would not have hesitated to throw my arms over him!" I spun around to meet the face of an old woman. "Oh...hi..sorry, I didn't realise I'd said that out loud...and yeah, he is pretty great, but we only met about five days ago."

She smiled knowingly, patting me on the back and handing me a small card. "I'm Katherine, but just call me Katty. Here's my number and email. If you ever need help gimme a call and I'll help you with your boyfriend issues, love," she winked at me and walked off, leaving me hot  bothered, and red.

"He's NOT my boyfriend by the way!" I yelled after her  hoping she would hear. Even if she could, which I'm fairly certain is the case, she pretended not to hear me and just chuckled to herself.

~~~

I got home about 10 minutes before jayden was meant to meet me outside so I made myself a snack. I ate the snack and walked downstairs, dropping the plate off in the sink on the way to the front door. Swinging it open, I saw a nervous jayden with his hand directly above the knocker. "Oh, hey! I was just about to knock! I wasn't sure if your doorbell worked or not, so I decided not to risk it and just knock instead." (I literally passed out writing this and woke up this morning to a bunch of nonsense written about homework??)

I stared at him blankly for a minute before letting him in. "I'll talk...I won't say much, but I'll tell you what you need to hear."

And so I did. I gave him a brief outline of everything, stopping halfway through to take a breather and calm down a little. I'd gotten slightly worked up and started struggling to breathe and talk, so he suggested we take a small break, and so we did. Right now we were eating ice cream.

"So...this Michael guy.....is he...?" Eden knew what he meant. Is he still in the picture? "No. He's in prison. For life. He'll be out of the picture for a LONG time to come....hopefully.." I suspected the last part to myself, pleading for Jayden not to have heard it.

"He sounds like a really terrible person from what I've heard so far. I'm really sorry you had to go through this  but I'm glad you got away. And I'm glad it led you to me." He smiled and brushed my fringe out of my eyes. I really needed to cut my hair. I blushed slightly and peeped up at him through my eyelashes. "Thanks...and me too."

Jayden leaned in slightly closer to me, and I stilled. No. Not again. At least not like this. Oh god, what do I do? What do i say? His wide eyes were now hooded, clouded with something only describeable as lust, and he kept glancing down at my mouth. Licking his own lips, he cupped my cheek, inching forwards ever so slowly.