Chapter 5

700 words

Sorry sorry sorry! I really have no excuse I know. I might change updates to once a week instead of once every other day, I'm sorry!

~~~

What?

Who are you and what do you want?

Oh baby...I'm upset you don't remember me.

Tell me who you are or I'll show these messages to the cops.

My love....its me, Michael? Remember me? You had me arrested baby, why did you do that?

My blood went cold and I dropped the phone. Michael? He was back? No. This can NOT be happening. There was no way. With shaking hands, I picked my phone back up and saw a new message on the screen.

I can't wait to see you again, my dear.

SEE ME?! Absolutely not. Its not like he'd be able to get to me either, he doesn't know I moved.

I know where you are, Eden. I saw you with you new plaything. Don't worry though, I dealt with him. Now there's nothing standing between us.

My eyes widened to the size of saucers and I rushed out of my home, and right next door to Jayden's house. Pending on the door, I yelled his name over and over again. "JAYDEN! OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW! PLEASE! PLEASE TELL ME YOURE OKAY!"

No answer.

Oh god. This is NOT happening. There is NO WAY this is happening. Right. Its just a dream. A nightmare, if you will. Michael was locked away permanently and there was no way he was getting out anytime soon.

Yeah. Exactly. That was exactly it. I was just exaggerating everything. I'll go to sleep now and wake up tomorrow and everything will be fine.

And so I did. I walked back over to the house next to Jayden's after whispering a quick good night to him, and fell asleep in my bed.

However when I woke up the next morning it was all so much worse than I could have ever imagined.

~~~ 10 hours later ~~~

I woke up to banging on my door and opened it to see Jayden. I immediately let out a happy chuckle amd pulled him into a hug. "Oh my god...you're alive! I was so worried about you last night, I was hoping it was all a dream!" When he didn't make an effort to return the hug, I pulled away and looked at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concern drowning my features. "What the fuck happened last night? Was it Michael? I thought youvsaid he was in prison, how did he jump me last night?!" I shook my head nervously. "I don't know, I don't know! He was texting me last night and told me he got you 'out of the way' and I got really worried and rushed over to your house, but you're okay! Well, as olay as you can be...come in! I take care of your wounds for you, it is my fault you've got them,"

He let out a sympathetic smile and walked inside, allowing me to treated his wounds as we made small talk.

~~~2 hours later~~~

"You should get going. You need rest. In your OWN house, jayden. Don't give me the puppy eyes, get out of here." He sighed and pulled himself off the couch, dragging his feet along the ground lazily as he walked towards my front door. "I'll speak to you tomorrow, Eden," turning around to let out a smile smile towards me. "See you tomorrow. Try not to get jumped when you go to sleep this time, I don't think it's that healthy for you."

He chuckled lightly and opened the front door. "I'll do my best." And with that, he was gone.

I sat on the sofa, half-watching some marvel movie I couldn't properly focus on. Then my phone buzzed.

Good night, my love. I can't wait to see you later.

What do you mean? You won't be seeing me at ALL. Leave me alone. Let me live my life, and you should stay locked up for what you did. Stop trying to intimidate me. It's not working.

I could tell he was scowling at the other end of the phone but I honestly didn't care. Screw him, he deserves to rot in a cell for what he did to me.

Maybe I should pay you a visit now instead?