affiliated

Angel pov     "Would you calm down?" Amari said as he drove on the freeway

Angel pov
"Would you calm down?" Amari said as he drove on the freeway. "Tell me whats going on then?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"You was gonna be his get back at me, mans was gonna hurt you." He shook his head

I knew i felt bad vibes from him but wanted to keep professional, i only wanted to get paid and be done.

"Now look at you, quiet." He said occasionally looking over at me. "Please just drive, or better yet let me out." I sighed looking out the window.

"You so extra dawg, for real." He continued to drive.

We sat in silence, not wanting to make the other mad. I was grateful for him saving me and everything but that didn't change our relationship.

"don't make no sense ." I said as he pulled up to my aunts house. "Bye mari." I slammed the door making him honk his horn.

    Rolling my eyes i knocked on the front door and jai's twin brother, Kai answered the door.

    "Knocking so hard." He rolled his eyes and stepped to the side letting me in. "This my cousin Angel." He said to some boy sitting on the couch.

     "Jai not here either." He turned to me. She loved not being here whenever i decided to come around.

      "Here Siah." Kai said taking a hit of his blunt and passing it to his friend.

    "you want a hit?" He asked me and i just shook my head no.

    "Angel not in none of that shit, she too boujee." Kai laughed making i assume siah laugh.

    "I don't know where y'all mouth been, im good." I rolled my eyes at them both.

    "You didnt even eat cause my mouth aint been no where." Siah joked handing the blunt back to Kai.

     "The quicker Jai get here the better." I mumbled.

    I went to take a nap in Jai's bed and updated Aaliyah about the things going on at the house.

    Since my foster parents were out of town again we decided its best if they didn't know.

    After taking my semi long nap and Jai still not arriving home i started to worry.

    It was unlike her to go this long without texting me aswell.

    "Did you hear from Jai yet?" I asked Kai as i sat down at the kitchen table. "That girl always do this, she with that fuck nigga melly." He rolled his eyes.

    So Jai was fucking with my ex boyfriend's "opps"?

    "Ima get gone then she obviously not coming no time soon, and you acting stink." I playfully hit his arm.

    "Bye cuz." He said as I walked out the door, as if right on cue Amari was pulling up.

    Unlocking his door he waited for me to come in.

    "Lets talk for real." He said pulling off after i got inside.

     "Nothing to talk about, you left." I sighed looking out the window.

    "Yes because niggas is now after you." He said irritated.

     "Why? Im not even in this shit." I raised my voice at him.

    "If you affiliated with me you are." He huffed continuing to speed.

     "We got eyes on him, that nigga fucks with your cousin." He said shaking his head.

     "Something off for real." Amari said and i just nodded.

    I don't suspect that Jai has anything to do with this and i believe Amari is just paranoid.

     We're family, of course she has nothing to do with this street beef shit.