Mate

I heard voices. Lots of them. My head was throbbing with pain. I opened my eyes, then shut them, it was too bright. I stirred a little, ugh, forget it, too much pain. "Guys, guys look, she's waking up." Everyone quieted down, I felt people looking. "Selene?" I opened my eyes again, but this time, I kept them open. "W-water." My throat was so dry. Someone ran out and came back seconds later with a glass of water. I sat up, or at least tried to. I saw Liliana come close and help me up. I took the glass of water and downed it. Everyone was staring at me, OK lets see if this works. "Who are you?" I saw their faces fall, all of theirs. I started laughing. "I'm sorry, its just that you guys were staring at me like I had two heads, I couldn't resist." They stared at me a while longer and then laughed. The King, Achilles started to speak. "You silly girl, you had us all fooled. but there is one thing. You died, after you let out that energy, killing all the rogues, your heart stopped, half an hour later, it's beating again." I laughed. "Its OK, I can't be killed, if I die, I come back to life. It's one of the many abilities I have." Shane walked forward, "Selene at any point, besides 4 weeks ago-"

"4 weeks?!" Shane nodded and continued. "At any other point, did you die? Because when your heart stopped beating that day, there was a sudden pain in my chest."

"Shane, I don't know if I had died at any other point in time." Everyone was silent now, catching on to what Shane was saying. Then the Queen Akasha spoke up. "Selene, call your mother." I nodded, maybe she would help figure this out.

Mom I need to speak with you.

What happened?

It's important, please come down to where I am.

Ok.

There was a shift of energy in the air and my mother appeared. "Mom, did I die at any point when I was really young?"

"I can't remember Selene."

"Mom, try harder please, I need to know." My mom shook her head, no. "OK there is only one other way to do this, I'm going to have to go into your memories." My mother nodded an okay. I never could describe how I did it, but it felt like popping a bubble, but not popping it, just going into it.

I was in my mothers memories, I just have to shift back 15 years.

My mom and dad kissing. No don't need to know that.

Me asking my dad a bunch of questions. Nope.

Me falling down and receiving the worst injury I ever got. Nope that was age 14.

OK there are things in here that I didn't need to know.

It was like going through a file, each year. I made it to the memory of me being at the age of 2.

I was playing, like I always do. I shifted into my wolf, running around. No care in the world. My mother and father watched me. We were on top of the house, just enjoying the air. As I was running, I came to the edge. My mother watched as I fell of the edge. She screamed and rushed down. Sobbing because she couldn't hear my heart beat. 10 minutes had passed and she heard a faint heart beat, becoming stronger and stronger. She was relieved that I was alive. That was when she knew that this was one of my abilities.

I came back to myself. I gave my mother a brief nod, then she left. I looked around the room. "I did die at a different point in time, at the age of two, I had fallen of the edge of a roof." Shane started smiling like crazy. "Selene, I'm your mate. I thought I had no mate because you died, the connection got cut, just a little. Every time I see you, my heart beat accelerates, every time we touch I feel a spark. Don't you?"

"I do feel the sparks, but I never could catch your scent. So all this time I thought it was just static electricity." This was the exact moment Liliana intervened.

"Guys, I'm sorry to interrupt but you all know what my ability is. And every time I try it on Selene, I get the names and images of 10 people and more. Its like something is messing with the mate bond."

"Liliana, you're kidding right?" That was Shane.

"There must be some witch craft involved." That was Akasha.

"Selene did anything happen before you bumped into Ace?" Achilles had a point there. I started thinking back, and then it clicked.

"Yes, something did happen. I was walking through the woods, and I decided to have a rest. I had a strange dream, it involved a psychotic witch and a doll. When I woke up, the doll was there. Then something made me pick up the doll. As soon as I made contact with the doll, an unseen force went through my whole body."

~~~~~~~~~

Finally got another chapter in. :D

Sorry its short though.