Broken

I sat there in stunned silence, watching the kind face disappear from Ange- Sylvia's Face. I watched her brown hair change to silver, her hazel eyes change to green, her clothes changing to a simple yet gorgeous black dress with sliver around the chest area.

One question was running through my head, over and over again. Why?

"Why would you do all of that, just to reveal yourself to me any way?" She did her manic laugh and looked me in the eye. 

"I did all this, to meet the one who is my equal, my match. You, my dear Selene have unlimited abilities, I want to teach you more abilities."

"Then why, why would you make me touch that doll, why would you want to make me lose my mate?" She laughs again. But this time, it had a ringing to it that made me cringe slightly.

"Because the only way I would teach you these things, is to make sure you don't have any distractions, like your mate." I stared at her in disbelief. 

"What if I don't wish to have you teach me these abilities." My anger was reaching to a peak at which I will release a blast of energy, if something she says ticks me off. Then something happened. 

Calm!

All my anger disappeared. Gone. I was overcome with the feeling of calm. I looked back at Sylvia and saw her smirking. "Now Selene sweetie, we could have done this the easier way, but you have left me no choice, once this task is complete, I could teach you how to do what I am about to." Compulsion, that's what she was using on me. Before I could say anything to protest, she started.

Only do what I tell you to.

"Yes." My voice was obedient, but in the inside I was screaming, trying to break the spell. 

Walk. 

I started walking forward, no control over my body. I walked out the door, with Sylvia following me. She had changed back into her disguise as Angelina. I headed down the long corridor, down the staircase, heading towards the throne room. 

I opened the door, everyone turned to look as Angelina spoke. "Sylvia got to Selene." She fake panted and shook me. Shane came forward in a rush. "What happened?" Sylvia replied.

"I don't know, she won't speak, she was just standing outside her door when I showed up." Lie!

Shane grabbed me by my shoulders and gently shook me. 

Reject him! no no no no no! That was all I thought as I spoke. "I Selene La'Ro-" I was cut of when Shane kissed me. Sparks erupted and he pulled back, looking me in the eye. "Selene please don't do this." His voice was panicked. But it was OK, because the spell was broken as soon as he had kissed me. But I couldn't let Sylvia know.

I discretely winked at Shane and sent him a message telepathically. Angelina is Sylvia in disguise. His eyes glazed over. I could already guess what he was doing. Don't, if she knows I'm out of the compulsion she will destroy everything. He didn't say anything, but he moved back. "Go ahead reject me." Thank you Shane, he was playing along. 

Before anyone could say or do anything, I turned and shot Sylvia with an electric charged bolt. But she was faster. She quickly put up a shield, a strong one.

"Nice try Selene, but you will have to try a lot harder if you want to kill me, and that is the only way the spell will be broken." This time I smirked. 

Everybody go outside! NOW!

 I sent the thought to everybody, with a slight push. Everyone was out within seconds. 

I turned back to Sylvia. I started floating in the air, my hair whipping around my face, my body glowing, bolts of electricity running through. "You know Sylvia you shouldn't have told me that the only way to break the spell was to kill you. Because that bolt I had sent at you before, was to only stun you." This time, I saw a flash of fear go through her eyes before it disappeared. 

That was when the fight started.

I quickly moved to the left, avoiding her bolt of electricity. I sent a telepathic punch through her head, which sent her reeling into the wall. I quickly looked into her mind to see what she was going to do next. 

I floated through the air and created a heat shield around me, Sylvia had sent multiple ice shards my way. I waited a moment then reversed the spell so that it came at her instead. 

Sylvia hissed as one ice shard pierced her skin. What she didn't know was that I had tipped the shards with a chemical that can cause severe pain as it runs through the body.

Not even 1 minute later, Sylvia was plummeting from the roof, screaming in pain. I had just disabled her abilities so that she couldn't heal herself. I lowered myself to the ground a walked over to her. 

"I will make the pain stop, but only if you break the spell." She started to whimper but didn't say anything. 

"I will let you live if you break the spell." That was what got her attention, she nodded weakly, I let her get all her abilities back, accept her healing ones and the ones she used to attack. She was muttering something, so low that even I couldn't pick up what it was. 

All of a sudden, I felt it. The spell was broken, I knew this because I felt a release. I felt the bond I shared with Shane become stronger, I could feel his emotions, and the one that stood out the most, was shock. After so long, he could let someone in, love someone, and that someone was me.

I couldn't let Sylvia get away with everything she has done. Every Werewolf out there should feel this kind of love.

I turned back to Sylvia, who was still in pain. "I changed my mind, you have caused too many people to suffer because of this, but I will stop your pain." I thought one thing, only one word. "Death" That was the only word that left my mouth. 

Sylvia's body went limp, and started to change. Gorgeous silver hair, turning crispy. Smooth skin aging rapidly. Then she turned to dust. 

My head was spinning, my legs gave out, and the last thing I saw was Shane and his family rushing in.

~~~~~~~~~

Hi! School holiday's has started and I have a lot of free time to write. This book is going to be shorter than the others, so it will be ending with just a few more chapters. But! There will be a surprise twist ending. Hehehehe, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote, comment, and follow!