CHAPTER 7 - sushi

a/n - please remember to vote! updates may be a little slow as i have heaps of school assignments, but i'll update when i can :)) enjoy the story !

we sit down at the booth and kate hands everyone a menu, passing one to me. "thanks," i say, opening it up. "what're you getting?" i say to kate beside me. "i just opened the menu," she says. "right, my bad," i respond, looking at my menu. after we order, we wait for our food. "what time do you guys need to go home?" i ask, leaning my elbows on the table as i rest on my hands. "whenever, i guess." mj responds. "is there a time when you need to go home? i can drive you back." i ask kate. "no, i can go home at any time." kate says. 

kate tilts her phone towards me and i look at it, kate taking a picture to send to someone on snapchat. "who's that to?" i ask. "liz." she replies. "liz toomes?" "yes, liz toomes." "you have her snapchat?" "she gave it to me and started snapping me, so yeah i do." she says, and i smile at the camera as she takes another picture.

kate's pov

i open flash's snap, almost laughing at the straight f-boy face he sent. i tap out of the photo, going to the camera and tilting it towards y/n. "y/n," i whisper and she looks at me before looking at the camera. i take the photo, sending it. moments later, i open flash's snap back. "you with y/n?" the text reads and i go out of it, tapping the camera. i put my phone in between y/n and i, and she looks at the camera, smiling. i take the photo as i smile, saving it. "yeah" i type, sending it. instantly, flash opens it. "lmao u guys on a date?" the text reads. i snap myself, texting. "no why" i send it, flash replying. "good, she's off limits 🥶" he says, the picture of him smirking. "she's dating someone?" i snap back, eyebrows slightly furrowed in the picture.. "soon, me lmao" the snap says. "do you like her?"  "isn't it obvious?" "right, it is" "but fr stay away lol she's already hard to get also get her to snap be back plz i'm left on delivered for 2 days" he snaps back and i send him a thumbs up, tapping y/n on the shoulder. "hm?" she says, turning her head to face me. "flash wants you to snap him back." i say, and y/n nods, pulling out her phone. 

y/n's pov

i go on snapchat, opening flashes snap. it's a picture of him doing a peace sign, smiling widely. i tap out of the snap, going onto the camera. i tilt the camera to kate quickly, taking a picture as she talks to ned across from her. i send it, flash replying instantly. i decide not to reply, placing my phone on the table. 

we finish our food and i lean back on the couch booth, digesting. kate leans back too and i lean up slightly, getting my cake can, leaning back again. i take a sip, moving my arm to kate. "want any?" i say. "thanks," kate says as she takes the can, taking a drink before passing it back to me. i place it back on the table, and the waitress comes up to us with the bill. "you can pay at the counter when you're ready." she says, walking away. i thank her and take it, standing up. "i can pay." i say, kate stands up too. "no, i can pay." she says. "no, we can split!" peter says. "yeah, let's split." mj says, ned agreeing. "it's all good guys, i got this." i say, smiling as i turn around and head to the counter.

"you need to stop paying for us, y/n!" kate says next to me as we walk out of the restaurant. "it's totally okay though!" i reply. "thanks, i appreciate it." she says and i look down slightly, smiling at her as a reply. "thanks for paying, y/n." ned says, peter and mj following. "of course guys." i reply as we walk to the car. 

2 days later

i groan as my alarm goes off, tapping it to turn off. i lay in bed for a few minutes, getting up. after getting ready and eating breakfast, i get in the car, driving out of the garage. i connect my phone to the car, playing my playlist. i park into the school car park, getting out while locking it. in the distance, i see kate's figure walking into school. i quickly run up to her, walking by her side, puffed out. "hey, kate." i say, pulling my bag straps up. "oh, hey y/n! didn't see you there." she says, smiling to me as we walk through the hallways. "yeah, i ran to you... from the car park." i say in between breaths. kate laughs, shaking her head slightly. we stop at mj, ned and peter fairly close to maths class, and they all give a smile. "hey guys." i say, standing next to mj.

i walk into maths class, ned sitting next to betty. "do you wanna sit next to kate? i can sit next to peter if you want." mj says, stopping at the desk i normally sit at. "are you okay with that?" i ask. "yeah, of course." mj says, with a smile. i smile back, looking back at kate. "wanna sit here?" i say, standing behind the desk behind peter and mj. kate smiles, sitting down on my left.

"i'm glad that masks aren't mandatory any more, those were annoying as hell to wear, but for a good cause, ya know?" kate whispers to me randomly in the middle of the lesson. "yeah, agreed." i say, writing a formula from the board. 

i sit down next to jenna, taking my books out. "hey!" she says, turning to face me. "hey, jenny." i say, and she gives a slightly annoyed sigh. "something wrong?" i half tease. "no, nothing's wrong. honestly, the nicknames kinda growing on me," jenna admits, picking up her pen as the teach walks to the whiteboard. "good, because i'm not gonna stop calling you it." i say, picking up my pen too.

i place the food tray carefully on the table, sitting next to ned. i pick up the fork, picking at the food. i look up for a second, seeing jenna looking at me from the table opposite ours. she gives a slight smile, before looking down. i smile back even though she can't see, and look at my food again, placing my fork in my mouth. "earth to y/n?" peter says, waving his hand across my face. i look at at him, eyebrows raised. "hm?" i say, mouth full. "liz's party is tonight, right?" he asks. i swallow while nodding my head, "yeah, it is." i confirm, and peter gives a slight smile. i look at kate, who looks at me at the same time. "you still coming?" i ask. "yeah, why not? first party here." she says, and i smile, nodding in response.