CHAPTER 10 - math homework

a/n - please remember to vote !

"y/n wake up!" i hear kate say, feeling my shoulder shake. i groan, opening my eyes to the bright sunlight. "the bell rang." kate says, moving her hand from my shoulder, standing up. i take a deep sigh, and kate offers both her hands out to me. i take them, and kate pulls me up. she picks up my bag, handing it to me. "thanks." i say, yawning. kate smiles and we walk beside each other, mj, peter and ned in front of us.

we enter science class, sitting down at an empty bench. everyone talks, waiting for the lesson to start and jenna walks in, sitting next to me on my left, kate on my right. "hey guys." she says, placing her bag on the floor. "hey jenna!" kate exclaims. "hey, jenny," i say, picking up my pen and doodling in my book. kate picks up her pen, drawing something on the corner of my book. she leans against her hand, elbow on table, taking off her hand to show what she drew. i smile at the smile face she did, and i get my pen, drawing over the 2 dots for the eyes hearts. kate smiles back, going to write something. "me 2 u" i scoff at what she wrote, writing something above it. "obsessed with me?" i write, and kate writes something on top. "who isn't? ;)" she writes and i smile, placing my pen down.

kate and i walk to the carpark, and kate presses her car key to unlock her car. "this your car?" i say, stopping at it. "no, i just stole a random car." she replies sarcastically. i chuckle, shaking my head. "stupid question, my bad. you have a really nice car." i compliment, kate smiling as she gets in the drivers seat. "thanks, you do too." she says. i lean against her window frame as the windows down, smiling. "you... okay?" kate says, a little concerned. "i'm good. how 'bout you?" i reply. "i'm good, y/n." she says, trying to stop herself from laughing as we stare at each other. we stare at each other for a few seconds and i break the tension, speaking. "drive home safe, yeah?" i say, standing up properly. "yeah, you too y/n." kate says, starting up her car. i smile, waving as she reverses. she waves back and i walk back to my car, smiling as i skip lightly. 

i sit at my desk, twirling my pen around my fingers as i focus on the math question, writing down the answer. my phone vibrates and i pick it up, reading the message.

_______________________________

9:21pm

y/n's children

kate

has anyone done question

6a yet? stuck on it rn

me

what did you get? i just did it

kate

kate

1,203

me

kate the answer's 23

peter parker

LMFAO KATE

mj

i got 23 too LOL

ned 

23's right😭

kate