CHAPTER 25 - bowling

"and i've already booked the restaurant." i tell mj as we sort of fall behind peter, ned and kate. "already? your 6 months is in like- a month!" mj says, surprised. "yeah, the place is pretty packed, but better safe than sorry. i've also got her heaps of other stuff that's arriving a few days before the anniversary." i say, mj smiling. "you're very thoughtful, y/n." mj replies, bumping into me slightly as we walk through the halls.

kate pulls me up, and peter, mj and ned already start walking to what they have. "we have music, right?" i ask, dusting my shirt. "yeah," she replies. i smile, looking behind her at the tree. i pick up my bag, opening it and getting my scissors. i separate them, walking towards the tree. quite harshly, i dig the initials of my first name in, adding a '+' next to it. "wanna do the honors?" i say, handing the scissors. kate smiles, walking up to me. she carefully takes the scissors, carving a 'k' beside the plus. i smile beside her, looking at our initials engraved in the tree. "is that it?" i ask. kate thinks for a few seconds, stepping forwards to add something. after about 2 minutes, she steps back and i smile wider, seeing her add a heart around our initials. "cute!" i say, and kate giggles, handing me back the scissors. 

saturday

i open the doors to the bowling place, seeing will wait patiently somewhere near the entrance. "hey, will!" i say, smiling as he walks up to me. "hey y/n, down for some bowling?" he asks, smiling back. "of course." i reply. "oh good, because i've already bought the alley thing, i would've been really embarrassed if you said no, actually." he chuckles.

(what will's wearing, and yeah it's him :)) )

we walk to our designated lane, and will presses some things on the machine, our names appearing on the screen as 'will' and 'y/n'. "you're going first, will." i say, placing my stuff on the couch. he picks up the bowling ball, adjusting it as he practices swinging. he walks forward, doing a slight run up, bowling the ball. we watch as the ball rolls down, hitting the pins. six fall down, leaving four. "not bad!" i say, clapping. he chuckles, picking up another bowling ball. "this'll be a difficult one..." he says, and i look at the pins, 2 separated on both sides of the lane. he rolls the ball, but it curves into the side, going into the gutter. "oh." will says, disappointed. i laugh, watching as it rolls down the side. "that was a warm up roll!" he makes excuses, stepping to the side. "yeah, sure," i say, picking up a bowling ball.

i roll the last bowl, groaning as i look at the score, seeing will beat me by a solid 24 points. "ha ha!" he laughs, taking out his phone to take a photo. i take out my phone too, taking a photo. i post it on my instagram story with a ":((", putting my phone away.

kate's pov

i stop looking through the pictures of y/n and i, smiling at the one where she's sleeping on my shoulder in class. lucky jumps onto my bed, and i smile, stroking him with my other hand. i go on to instagram, refreshing my feed. y/n's account comes up with a story, and i click on it, examining the photo of the bowling score. i smile a little, clicking out of the story. i'm glad she's having fun.

y/n's pov

we walk into the restaurant, getting a table for 2. "have you ever been here?" i ask will since he chose the place. "yeah, i go here with my mom sometimes, the food's really good." he says, nodding. "what do you normally get?" i ask, skimming through the menu. we both end up ordering what will suggested, waiting for the food. "so, when's your next volleyball game?" he asks. "uh, i honestly have no idea. what made you come to our game?" "it's a volleyball game, everyone wants to go to it." he says, smiling. 

we finish the food, meeting at the car park. "where did you park?" i ask as he walks beside me. "right here." he says, pointing to his car right next to mine. "oh, my car's here too!" i exclaim, chuckling.

"cold tonight," he says, rubbing his hands together. "yeah, it's always cold now." i say, looking around, sky almost black. "sorry," will says, as he takes out his phone and pulls out his phone, bringing it to his ear. i wait patiently, leaning against my car. after a minute, he hangs up, putting his phone back in his pocket. "i... gotta go." he says, sighing. "it's alright, we were gonna go soon anyways, right?" i say, and he nods. "yeah..." he trails off, moving closer to me. oh shit.

he stands in front to me, keeping eye contact. "uh..." i mumble, not sure what to say as he leans closer. was he going for a hug or a kiss? i quickly move out of the way, gently pushing him as he gets too close. "shit, sorry!" he apologizes, running his hands through his hair. "no! no, it's fine. it's just..." i start off, taking a sigh to take everything in, "i'm sorta dating kate right now." i admit. his eyes widen, looking at me. "kate? the new girl kate?" he asks. "she's not new, but yeah, her." "shit..." he says, sighing. "look, i'm really sorry." he apologizes sincerely. "it's okay, you didn't know." i say, sympathetically smiling.

"HE TRIED TO KISS YOU?!"  kate yells over the phone. i wince at the sudden loudness, nodding slowly. "yeah..." i mumble, pulling my side lip out. kate groans, falling back onto her pillow. i smile at the screen and she looks at me. "wait... you didn't-" kate says, and i instantly cut her off. "no! i didn't kiss him back, i told him we're dating. sorry if you didn't want anyone else to know." i apologize. "no, it's alright. just hopefully he doesn't tell his friends, because then his friends would tell their friends, then their friends would tell their  friends- you get the idea." kate says. "i'll text him now in case." i say, swiping out of the facetime. i go to the messages, tapping will's name.

_____________________________________

9:57pm

will

hey will i was just hoping you

didn't tell any of your friends about kate and i

no i didn't

thank you

i just don't want it to get

out into the school yet yk

yup gotcha :) wasn't gonna tell them either way

thanks for tonight

i had fun :)

me too, see you monday!

____________________________________

"he said he didn't tell anyone." i say, tapping back to the facetime app. "yeah, okay. good." kate says. "is that lucky?" i say, trying to see beside kate through the screen. "yeah, look lucky!" kate says, tilting her screen to lucky beside her. i smile, bringing my phone closer to me. i air kiss my camera, and kate laughs. 

a/n - please remember to vote :) 25 chapters already omg