CHAPTER 26 - "you really don't know?"

i wake up, feeling the bed shift around. "are you up, y/n?" kate asks quietly. "yeah..." i mumble, opening my eyes. "i need to go, i didn't realize i had an archery competition in..." kate says, checkin gthe time on her phone, "an hour." she continues. "can i come?" i ask, rubbing my eyes. "sorry, no spectators allowed this competition. i'll text you when my next competition is and you can come, yeah?" kate says, standing up from the bed in a slight rush. "just go back to bed, i'll lock the door on the way out." kate says, leaning down to me. she places a kiss on my cheeks, starting to walk out my room, turning around. "sorry, i-" "it's alright, you can go." i say, closing my eyes. i hear the door shut, and i sigh.

after about 11 hours of doing literally nothing, my phone buzzes, seeing a text from kate. my heart jumps from all the possibilities of the text. "finally..." i smile, opening the message.

_________________________________________

7:12pm

bishop <3

hey you home?

sorry i'm so busy rn

can i come over? i know you said you're

busy but it's pretty important

yeah sure i guess

_________________________________________

my eyebrows furrow in confusion, turning off my phone. 'i guess'? what does that mean? it's our 6 months! i get ready, driving to kate's house. 15 minutes later, i arrive, knocking on her door. "hey! come in," kate says, opening the door as she wipes sweat off her forehead. 

we sit opposite each other on kate's bed. "sorry we couldn't hang out today, i know you said you had something planned with me." kate says, "how about we do something tomor-" "do you know what day it is, today?" i ask, looking up from her bedsheet. our eyes meet and kate furrows her eyebrows, thinking. was she joking with me?

"it's saturday." kate says, and by her tone i could tell she was being serious. my eyebrows widen, and kate opens her mouth, thinking harder. "are you kidding?" i ask, and she looks at me even more confused. "wait what? what's wrong?" she says, reaching for my hand. i move it away before she can reach it and she pulls back, looking at me.

"you really don't know?" i ask as my voice broke, feeling a sting in my heart as i switch between her blue eyes, trying to find if she's joking

"you really don't know?" i ask as my voice broke, feeling a sting in my heart as i switch between her blue eyes, trying to find if she's joking. "no... i-" "it's our 6 months. today." i say, and kate's eyes widen, mouth slightly open. "y/-" "how could you forget? i had everything planned out, i had a restaurant booked, date planned, gifts bought. and you forgot." i say, starting to stand up from her bed. "i was waiting all day, for a text saying you were free. but you said that you're busy. am i that  unimportant to you, kate?" i scoff, kate not sure what to say as she's taking everything i spill out in. "you've been so busy this past few weeks, i was dumb enough to think that you were doing something for our six months..." i say as i walk to the door, kate standing up quickly. "y/n, i'm really sorry." kate says, clearly holding back tears. "don't tell me you're sorry..." i trail off, opening the door as i walk downstairs.