EPISODE 7

EPISODE 07 [⎷]p a g e  s e v e n  :  S C R I P T

EPISODE 07 [⎷]
p a g e s e v e n : S C R I P T

"oh? grandma, you're home already?" takemichi felt his heart drop when he spotted chiyo sitting on the long sofa that directly faced the screen tv, eyes a bit lit up with interest as she watch what's on screen. he panicked, heart pounding as his mind rewinds back to the message chiyo sent before this evening. "grandma, i was — the line was pretty long at the toshi crepes. akala ko po kasi ay hindi mag tatagal yung linya kaya po nag-tagal ako don." (i thought the line wouldn't stay that long so i decided to stay there for a bit.)

he felt slightly relieved when the old woman looked anything but angry after he explained. and he's grateful that the woman at least let him speak. "yun lang ba talaga?" (is that truly all?) the woman monotonously asked before she took a sip of her black coffee.

panic-plus-confused was what takemichi felt when the woman asked him that. his face filled with confusion was enough for the woman to continue. "nag-text sa akin si izana. nakita ka daw niya sa mall. gusto ka daw i-hatid pauwi pero ayaw mo." (izana texted me. saying he saw you at the mall. he wanted to take you home but you refused to.)

takemichi didn't exactly refused to. it is true that the house wasn't far from the mall and there's a shorter route than the route he regularly takes. those are good reasons for him to decline. but was it really necessary for izana to message grandma? he inwardly asked himself.

"di na po ako pumayag kasi mukhang kasama niya yung teammates niya. baka di kami mag kasya sa sasakyan." (i declined because he's with his teammates. we won't fit inside his car.) he beamed, lips up in a tight smile as he completely shuts the main door behind him.

chiyo hummed, inwardly suspicious of the blond but she didn't push further. "hmm ... kumain ka na ba? maligo ka na at kumain ka pagkatapos. nagluto ako ng sinigang na baboy." (hmm ... have you eaten yet? take a shower and eat after. i made pork sinigang.)

"sige po. magpapahinga lang po ako." (okay. i'll just get some rest.) he nodded his head softly in response, walking upstairs and to his room. he closed the door quietly.

he dropped his bag and sighed exhaustedly, letting his whole body weight fall onto the bed, face flat into the baby blue sheets. from there, all the pain and ache starts rushing throughout his body and he couldn't help but whine. "i'm so tired ..."

with the unthought-through choice of laying in bed for an hour instead of taking a quick rest, he took out his phone from the pocket of his pants. he perked up at the sight of his home screen filled with notification coming from toman's gc that he's part of. the hundred plus messages took him by surprise because the gang members rarely send messages on this chat. he put the pin to unlock and immediately tapped the messaging app and tapped the group chat's icon.