EPISODE 41

EPISODE 41 [⎷]p a g e  f o r t y o n e  :  D E E R  C A U G H T

EPISODE 41 [⎷]
p a g e  f o r t y o n e  :  D E E R C A U G H T

this day would have been ordinary. or what takemichi wished for it to be.

two days ago, right when they got home from visiting the sano residence, chiyo talked to him because it had only sinked into her all the things her grandson had suffered from when she told mansaku that she won't let those kids get close to her grandson ever again.

she should've realized it much sooner. but she was too caught up with the image of her grandson's tear-streaked face when they were at the hospital and she never want to see that face again.

it dawned on her that takemichi has a pure soul residing in his abused body. how takemichi pushed himself to look at the good things and at the brighter side of this unfair world.

he's a forgiving child. unfortunately. chiyo does not say.

he's too kind. chiyo finds that irritating.

but what's more irritating is finding that strong guy takemichi had described with hearts in his eyes standing at the school gate, a face showing conflict as he talks to a blond who happens to be takemichi.

"takemichi." takemichi jumps up and turns to see the cold look on his grandmother's face as she stands outside the school, near the SUV and near the school gate where draken told him to meet.

startled and remembering that talk he had with chiyo, takemichi instantly pales, "g-grandma, i— i didn't know you'd be picking me up today."

"didn't we both agree that i'll take you to and from school?" the old woman stalks like a predator, her boots heavy on the concrete and she swore draken gulps nervously seeing her.

realization flooded through the blonde with the way his eyes widened and mouth gap, "right! i-i forgot. sorry, grandma." the blonde switches to draken, who wears a shocked face, "sorry, ryuguji-kun."

"get in the car." the old woman cocks her chin to the car behind, but her eyes were fixed on draken and draken alone. "wait for me there."

the tall male tries to not falter when the old woman starts to approach him after takemichi pass by her with an apologetic look. "didn't mansaku tell you to never get close to him? ryuguji ken?"

she says his name with so much hatred lying on her tongue and through her emotionless face. "was kneeling on those beans not enough? maybe. considering a delinquent bunch like you and your friends takes a lot more pain than kneeling on those greens." she answers her own question with another step forward.