Chapter 4: mistake.

Fucking asshole, how dare he leave in the middle of the argument?

I stay stuck with my thoughts until i hear a knock on Evan's bedroom door.

"Come in" i say before faking a little smile, his mom enters the room and i notice an expression of worry on her face, "is everything okay?" she asks hesitantly.

"Yeah everything's perfect." i say with a large fake smile plastered on my face.

"You don't have to lie to me sweetheart." she walks up to me and sits on the bed before signaling for me with her hand to sit next to her.

I do as she asks and she starts talking, "i know that couples-"

"We're not a couple." i interrupt her before she could finish just so she won't get her hopes up, i would never be in a relationship with someone like him nor anyone else, i already have a boyfriend.

She chuckles and continues, "sometimes people in general, couples, friends, families, everyone has fights and problems, but that's the time where most people should learn to control their emotions and not let them get the best of them, being angry is one thing, but getting your anger out on someone is another."

I keep silent and she stops for a moment before she adds, "Evan's a good kid, it's just that he has been let down by a lot of people."

"Me being one of them." she says and my head fills up with a million questions.

She then out of nowhere stands up and gets out of the room.

Awkward.

I without a care in the world, go to sleep on Evan's bed, he better sleep on the couch when he gets back.

I change into my pajamas that i brought with me, and close my eyes, but i couldn't sleep, my conversation with Evan just kept playing over and over again in my head.

And just like that, it's been one hour, i get up knowing damn well that i won't sleep after what happened.

I need to have a talk with him, he doesn't want me and i don't want him, so we need to make a plan.

I start scrolling on tiktok and wattpad reading some stories, and after a whole two hours, i get tired and put my phone down.

I start to panic, what if something happened to him? The last thing i said to him that i didn't want him anywhere near me.

I hear the rain outside and thoughts like what if he died in a car crash because he was angry because of me start flooding in my head.

Just my fucking luck.

Should i call him? How am i supposed to do that, i don't even have his number, i laugh at myself and at the situation that i am in, and just then i hear footsteps outside the bedroom door, i quickly get under the blanket and pretend to sleep like a damn child.