Chapter 8: unresolved feelings.

"it's not like that" i say nervously looking away from him, and he pulls my chin up making me stare at his beautiful eyes again

wait what is happening?

"Then what is it like, Claire?"

My name sounds good coming from his mouth.

No no i need to stop these thoughts, i can't afford to.. like someone again? Is this called liking?

But he came to give me my purse and he acted as if he wanted to kiss me again, god what am i even thinking at this point? Evan? He's just a guy I'm forced to be with all the time, the kiss was a mistake and nothing more.

This really needs to stop.

"Stop playing around" i push him to keep a distance between us and his expression turns neutral again.

"Don't come close to me again" i panic and that's the first thing that comes out of my mouth.

"Says the one who kissed me out of-"

"It was a mistake"

Silence fills the room and Evan's eyes don't leave mine, it stays like that for about ten other seconds before he nods and leaves.

was i too rude?

No im not im protecting myself, whatever this thing is he's trying to do, all the smiling and eye contact with me makes me feel crazy.. i just won't let him do it again.

I hear my phone ringing in the dining room and i immediately leave the kitchen.

As I'm about to get my phone, Evan reaches before me and gives it to me, "thanks" i say to him and he nods once again.

I excuse myself and i leave the house, and as i soon i step out i answer the phone, "is everything good?" i ask Owen.

"Yeah everything's fine" i hear him speak on the other end of the phone.

"Then why are you calling?" i ask bluntly.

"Because i wanted to talk to you about something" he says and before he could add another word i stop him "yeah right, but im in the middle of something"

"Do you really want to leave it all?" he asks out of nowhere.

"Owen, what are you talking about?"

"You're throwing our whole relationship away for a person who means nothing to me, you're not being fair with me Claire"

what? i'm not being fair?

"Everyone makes mistakes, i don't want to lose someone who always cared about me and was always there for me"

i stay silent and he adds, "and i care about you too, more than you know"

Silence.

All that's there is silence.