Chapter 7: strange.

It has been a few days since i've last seen Evan, also a few days since i've went to any classes

I've caught a cold, and for some reason it keeps getting worse, the headaches, a sore throat, the sneezing, coughs, runny nose, the list goes on..

A knock on my door pulls me out of my thoughts, the door opens and it's my sister.

"Do you feel any better?"

I look at her with a neutral expression on my face, "what do you think?"

"Well you're laying on your bed looking like a corpse and your eyes are red, have you been crying?" She asks her confusion growing by the end of her sentence.

I have.

"Of course not" i roll my eyes, "why do you always assume that? I'm just tired."

She smiles at me and by the look she gave me, i knew she didn't believe me.

"well" she pauses for a second before continuing, "if that's what you say, I'll believe you."

"close the door on your way out." I say and lay on the other side facing away from her.

I hear the door close and i let out a sigh, my eyes watering, i hate pretending i'm fine, i hate not being able to speak what's on my mind.

The door opens back again and i don't turn around.

"What do you want now?" I ask annoyed.

"Evan has asked about you by the way" she says and my face heats up remembering the last conversation we had.

"He has?" I say before i realize the desperation in my voice, "why would he out of all people ask about me?"

She laughs before speaking and making me freeze in my spot, "turn around and ask him yourself."

"What the f-" i turn around and to my surprise, Evan actually was not here.

She bursts out laughing, "look how red your face is!"

"What?" I say in realization and annoyance at the same time, i could feel my face heating up even more.

"Get. Out. Ashley!" I yell at her.

She gets out as she continues laughing, "yeah yeah i'm leaving, relax lovergirl"

I roll my eyes and my head hurts immediately.

"Ah fuck!"

I lay back on the bed before i drift off to sleep.

a few hours later, a knock on the door pulls me out of my sleep and strangely i wake up feeling much better than before.

"Yes?" I say in a low voice.

My mom enters my room and immediately speaks as she closes the door behind her, "soooo there is exciting news-"