Chapter 14: According To Plan

In Dimension X, the Utrom Council were all in their main meeting room for another emergency meeting called by Bishop. The Utrom Queen sat in the center as Pawn and Rook sat by both of her sides. Across the table was Bishop and Mona Lisa, who was displeased from her agreement she made with Bishop earlier that night. Despite that, she did her best to hide her true emotions while in front of the council.

Every member of the council had a look of seriousness and grace. The only one whose true feelings were being openly expressed through their body language was the council member Rook. In her chair she slouched with her arms crossed as she glared at her fellow council member Bishop from across the room.

"The confrontation with the Mighty Mutanimals was a success!" Bishop announces to the Utrom Council proudly.

"I don't remember violence towards the innocent to be in your new laws." Rook says in a judgmental tone.

"I did nothing wrong," Bishop protested, "It was all part of the protocol."

"Protocol?!" she says in disbelief. His objection causes Rook to sit up from her seat, "Bishop, you threaten our allies, the Mighty Mutanimals, and as well as one of Earth's protectors, Raphael Hamato! How is any of these inhumane actions part of your 'protocol'?"

"Bishop..." The Utrom Queen says with concern, "I know we agreed to your new terms, but I'm afraid Rook is right. You threatened one of the turtles with our army, aiming our weapons at him as well as the Mighty Mutanimals. That was completely out of line."

"I'm sorry, your highness. I am aware my actions toward Raphael and the Mutanimals can be seen as extreme to some, but it was the only way for him to understand the current situation. Raphael doesn't listen to reason. My own life was threatened. You and I both know that Utrom can no longer stand by and ignore any threats, regardless of how major they are. That is how we lost our home to the Kraang so many nextons ago. We must set an example to prevent history from repeating itself with any potential threats," Rook rolls her eyes as the council allows Bishop to steer them with his words, "I tried to be mature with Raphael, but he kept wanting to fight and argue like a stubborn child. My actions were purely self defense. He is becoming a threat. That alone shows his true character!"

"That's not exactly how I'd describe it," Mona Lisa comments. Her sudden action of speaking up grabs the council's full attention, "He was only trying to defend me."

"No one asked for your opinion," Bishop glared.

"What do you mean by this, Y'gythgba?" The Queen asked.

"On my planet, a male fighting for a female's honor and defense is the greatest representation of commitment, loyalty, and love." Mona then softly smiles as she thinks of Raphael, "He was only trying to protect me from harm. Yes, he may act irrational at times, but that's a part of his charm."

"We are not on Salamandra, Y'gythgba," Bishop sneers, "And I highly doubt threatening my life and going against my protocols is truly the best representation for one of 'Earth Protectors' as Rook put it," he glares at his fellow council member as he continued telling Mona, "Raphael is unhinged and becoming a threat to my people, but not to fret! Soon I'll put all those reckless mutants in line, and most importantly you'll be back home, far away from Raphael so you two won't start any..." he clears his throat, "...unwanted circumstances."

Bishop's words caught Mona's attention. She seemed to be the only one who heard his comment. What unwanted circumstances was he talking about? Didn't he only want her to leave Earth because she broke their agreement she made with them when she first arrived? What could her and Raphael have to do with Bishop's current actions and laws?

"What is he really hiding?" Mona thought to herself.

She remained silent as the Utrom Queen discussed the process of Mona returning to her home planet, "I was informed you wish to return to Salamandria by tomorrow night. Is that correct, Y'gythgba?"