Chapter 23: A Proud Commander

Back in the bridal changing room, April was looking out the window. Outside, the guests were gathering together for the wedding. She smiles as she spots all her friends dressed in fancy suits and dresses - and soon she spots the groom as well, greeting his guests.

"Huh..." April says in a calm but surprised tone, trying to process what she is witnessing outside, "Raph in a suit. So surreal."

"Raphael is outside?" Mona's eyes sparked, almost jumping out of her seat, wanting to see her future husband so soon.

"Mona! Stop moving!" Shinigami says, pulling Mona back down to sit in her seat, "I need to fix your makeup."

"Oh, my apologies." Mona sits still, allowing her friend to continue her work.

"Shini, don't you think you've done enough of Mona's make up?" Renet asked, "You're going to give her waffle face!"

"It's called 'pancake face', and I'm just doing some touching up." Shini looks back at Mona with an excited grin, "I really want to make your eyes POP!"

As Shinigami goes back to touching up the bride's makeup, Mona's eyes drift over carefully to April curiously, "You said you saw Raphael? How does he look? I'm sure he looks very handsome, right?"

April giggles, "If I tell you, it'll ruin the surprise. You're not allowed to see him before the wedding just as much as he's not allowed to see you."

As the girls finished getting ready for the ceremony, they heard an unexpected knock at the door.

"Hello? Is it alright if I come in?" the voice said faintly behind the door.

April approached the door, opened it and entered Donatello.

"Salutations, Ladies!" He bowed low and exaggeratedly.

"Donnie? What are you doing here?" April asked, "Aren't you supposed to be outside finishing setting everything up."

"Don't worry, everything is ready," he promises to her, "I just wanted to send a message to Mona Lisa."

Mona looks over curiously at her future brother-in-law as he seems to struggle with trying to find the right words to say.

"What is it, Donatello?" she asked.

"Alright, I don't want to freak you out on your wedding day, but you have a right to know this... Bishop is here."

"What?!" Mona panics, once again jumping out of her seat. Shinigami grabbed her and dragged her back to sit down to complete her makeup.

"Why is Bishop here?" Mona growled, trying her best not to have her eye poked by Shini's make up pen.

"It's okay!" Donnie quickly assures her, rather scared of his future sister-in-law's wrath only being held back by a simple eyeliner pen, "Raph took care of everything. Bishop is not here to cause trouble."

"Aw, he's not?" Karai said, her tanto blade suddenly back in her hands, ready for battle, "That sucks. I was hoping for a fight."

"Karai! I told you no weapons!" April shouts.

Karai sticks her tongue out at April in a teasing manner before placing her sword back in its scabbard - but still close at hand.

"Then why is he here?" Mona asked, finally able to move freely as Shinigmai began packing up her cosmetic supplies.

"Apparently, the Utrom Council has a wedding gift for you and Raph, and as punishment for his actions, Bishop has been ordered to give it to you two personally. To add a cherry on top of it, Raph thought it would be an even better punishment if Bishop witnessed the wedding himself."