Chapter 5

Deena and Sam looked at each other when they heard Ashley's name. "Did you know about this?" Sam whispered to her girlfriend and Deena shook her head, "no..we haven't really talked since she last left" Deena whispered back.

"Kate's gonna be furious" Sam mumbled as Mr. Brown started talking,

Later that day at lunch, everyone went to their spot. "Guys, you won't believe who's back" Deena said. "Who?" Simon asked. "Ashley" Sam said. "What?" Kate asked, "as in.." Deena nodded, "yeah..as in your ex" she sighed.

"It's been almost a whole, D.." Kate said. Deena nodded, "I know.." she said, "what are you going to do?" She asked. "I don't know yet..I'm just going to try to avoid her for now..until I can figure this out..I think it's best" Kate explained and the others nodded in agreement.

After school, Deena drove to her house, Sam in the passenger seat. Her brother was at a friends and her dad was at work, taking a night Shift, as usual.

They wanted cheeseburgers, so Deena went to McDonald's and ordered them cheeseburgers and cokes.

After they got their food, they started eating in silence. It was a comfortable silence though. They moved moments like these. When they didn't have to talk.

After they finished, they just stared at each other. Deena was the first one to lean, in placing their lips together. Sam cupped Deena's face, deepening the kiss.

As Deena pulled away and was about to get into the backseat, her pager went off. She groaned, grabbing it and saw that it was Kate. She answered, "hello?"

"Hey! I need a ride" Kate said. "To where?" Deena asked. "Ashley's."
——
I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!! Idk who all follows me, but I posted an announcement abt a week ago saying that I was gonna take a break bc I hurt my finger rlly badly, but it's feeling better now!!

Short chapter, ik and the next will be longer, promise :)