Chapter 7

"Josh!!" Deena ran to her brother. Josh was on the ground, his knee was scraped and he had a bloody nose. "What the hell happened?!"

"I- I don't know..I was outside, coming back from Simon's, then all of a sudden, a man jumped me..he was wearing a Sunnyvale jersey, but..I couldn't see his face" Josh said in between breaths.

"Those stupid ass Sunnyvalers" Deena mumbled, "come on, let's get you cleaned up" she said. She and Kate helped Josh up, putting his arms around their shoulders and they went back inside. They sat him on the couch, "alright, Kate, I need you to get me the first song kit from my room, under my bed" Deena said, "got it" Kate said and went to Deena's room, grabbing it and came back, giving it to Deena.

Deena grabbed a few cotton balls, and the alcohol. "Alright, this gonna sting a little, okay?" Josh nodded as Deena poured a little bit of the alcohol on a cotton ball before gently pressing it on his knee, where the scrape was, making Josh wince a little.

After she got him all cleaned up, she put bandages on all of his cuts. "Alright, you're all good to go"

Deena knew how to do this because whenever her dad used to get into all of those bar fights, she had to take care of him, and cleaned him up.

"Thanks, D" Josh smiled. "Always, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go beat someone's ass" Deena said as she stood up.

"How are you supposed to do that? You don't even know who did it" Kate crossed her arms. "So? I'll figure it out, I'm not just gonna let them go around, beating up my brother because they're fucking jerks and doesn't care about anyone but themselves"

"Deena, we need to play it safe. Whoever did this is clearly trying to send us a message, so..we need a plan" Kate said.

There was a knock on the door. Deena opened it, "Ms. Fraser?"

"I'm here to get my daughter" Ms. Fraser rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry to break it to you, but she lives with her father now" Deena said and went to close the door, but Ms. Fraser stopped it. "That doesn't matter, I-"

"Listen, Sam doesn't wasn't to go with you, if you love her, you'd respect her decision" Deena said, closing the door.

Outside, "alright, you wanna play that game?"

Ms. Fraser got her pager out, calling someone. They answered. "It's time"

"On my way, Ms. Fraser"
——
Another cliffhanger? Yes :)

Who do you think was the one that attacked Josh?

Or who do you think Sams mom called?

Also, you might get another chapter tonight bc y'all earned it :) no promises tho
-Z