Chapter 2 Orientation Rush

"CHARLOTTE!!" A loud and quite obnoxious voice shouted out. It came from the white marble kitchen. I immediately woke up from the couch and I found myself..drooling. I quickly leaped from the couch and turned towards the yelling woman.

      "Charlotte, you were drooling on my expensive couch! Don't you understand how much it takes to wash that type of fabric?!" Turns out it was just my mom, Gabriella Hernandez, blonde hair and the bluest eye color known to man kind, of course they were just contacts. My mom was a fashion designer, wasn't usually home, but provides the "best" life for her kids. Gives them food, water, and a roof over their head, but never any quality time and love like our father used too.

      "Mom, it's just a couch at the end of the day, big deal!"

      "It's called quality, Charlotte." She continued, "Also, I'm going to be heading to the office, I have an important meeting today about discussing the latest fashion of the year. I have set a schedule for today and my return, no video games, it's clean up day." I kept rolling her eyes, it's always this way, everyday.

       "Mom! At least take a break from all this! Your distancing yourself from everyone for your stupid work." I kept trying to get my mom's attention, but she just ignored and kept blathering on.

        "Mackenzie is in her room, please play together, I won't have much time for her this week. Michael is at his highschool collecting his books, and you have a Middle School orientation happening at 10 AM, look your finest. Bye honey!" And slammed the door behind her, and just like that, my mother was gone. My blood boiled in hatred, my mom never had time for me. She used to.

       I did what I was asked and I went to go wear something classy for the Middle School orientation. I never really liked dressing fancy, in fact I hated it, it felt like I was dressing up as my mom. But, sure would make a very scary Halloween costume. I then entered my white marble bathroom to wash away the leftover drool on my face. Of course, I didn't wash my hands.

       I really wasn't in the correct mindset during this time, and was pretty much a walking ticking time bomb of rage. Until I realized my phone was missing from my countertop, it could only be one person. 

       "MAKENZIE WHERE'S MY PHONE?! I NEED IT!"

      "I'm recording my depressing life story for my future self Karen."

      "Now wait now just a second, your 7 years old, and wearing MY Black PotRust Hoodie, you don't even know that band!"

      "Now listen here Charlie."

      "Don't call me Charlie, I am your older sister and I have a name, like you."

      "Then get out of my face 'like you'."

       Makenzie slammed the door in my face, hurting my nose that started to bleed. I soon ran into the bathroom to go clean up and then start heading off to wait in front of Makenzies door. I kept thinking how much Makenzie was a huge pain in the ass. Just a 7 year old who thinks she's an emo depressed lunatic who steals hoodies.

      After Makenzie finished her pity party, I quickly grabbed my phone and ran off, she ran off after me, but lost interest and laid on the floor like a very disapointing potato sack.

      I immediately started to text Sidney, hoping that she had some more intel about the orientation in RileyOak.

             𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐝

𝐌𝐞: Yo Sidney, you awake yet?

Sidney: Uhm..no? What are YOU doing awake so early?!

𝐌𝐞: Wake up donkeys butt, orientation starts at 10.

𝐌𝐞: Although you probably already knew all about this right?

Sidney: Well, yes. It's our first orientation in a middle school, at RileyOak! One of the best middle schools out there! You must feel so happy and lucky you got into such a great school. Did you get accepted?

𝐌𝐞: Eh, more like my mom bought my way in.

Sidney: Wait, WHAT!? I thought you finally followed the rules and got accepted into it.

𝐌𝐞: Eh, it's more of a sad way into getting into a school, plus, I don't do work because every time, my mom just buys my way in, I HATE IT!

Sidney: Ever tried talking to her about it? Plus, you can still work for your hard earned grades y'know!

𝐌𝐞: Yeah, but in this current society, people care about someone with more money and power than someone with an extra large brain.

Sidney: Damn, this society sucks.

𝐌𝐞: Sure does, doesn't it.

𝐌𝐞: Say, what time is it anyway?

Sidney: You started texting me at 7:24 AM.

𝐌𝐞: WOAH REALLY?!

Sidney: Yeah really!

10 minutes later...

Sidney: Charlotte you there?

𝐌𝐞: Sorry, Makenzie is being a pain in the ass.

Sidney: Hey now! No need for strong language

Sidney: Well, you should maybe take a walk around the city for now. It's great to get some fresh air before starting the day!

𝐌𝐞: What fresh air? XD

Sidney: what does "XD" mean?

𝐌𝐞: Something that you dont understand that will get your donkey butt kicked. Well, might as well head out now, later Sidney!

Sidney: I give you my greatest goodbyes Charlotte.

        I grabbed my house keys and closed the door gently, locked it, and went to the elevator to enter the main lobby, arrived and opened the cold but rather luxurious doors and headed outside to the great outdoors of Fizzwill "Good Morning Fizzwill!!" I yelled out loud, "Charlotte Falizo is back in action!"