1

The front school doors burst open, revealing a jet-black-haired girl. A flute case hang by her mouth, arms in the air behind her while her hair flew with dramatic effect.

"Besties, assemble!" Meilin vocalize, her words are quite unclear since she's biting her flute case. "Miriam!" Pointing at her friend who is eating by her locker.

"Hmm?"The said girl in green turned around after hearing her name, stuffing food into her mouth. Her emerald-like eyes shine at the sight of her friend. "Hey!" The brunette wiped her lips before approaching her friend. The wrapper of the food stuck in between the door, as she close her locker.

They greeted each other with a handshake and a bump on the butt. Mei turned to you, who's aggressive erasing a line from your sketch, brows knitted together as you do so.

"[Name]!" The brown-eyed called, catching your attention, all your frustration earlier banished and replaced with a radiant smile.

"Hi!" Your fist bumps with hers while the two of you make little sound effects of it. Give Miriam a high-five as you greet her too.

"Priya!" The Indian-Canadian preteen slid the book: Nightfall to half of her face, only her narrowed brown eyes, as well as round navy glasses, could be seen.

"Yo," Priya replied, closing her favorite book with one hand with a snap sound. Strolling towards you three, before doing a low-five then pointing her thumb from behind as a handshake with Mei. You and Miriam gave a toothy grin at the sight of your friend.

"Abby!" The black-haired pointed at the girl, who's currently speaking Korean to the other kids while scolding them for littering.

Her mood suddenly changed when she saw the four of you walking towards her, "yeah. What's up, mei!" Giving you guys a peace sign, with a bright beam on her face.

The five of you put your hands together, fingers gazing at one another. A friendship bracelet is shown on all of your wrists.

"Ready to change the world?" Mei inquired, with a determined and fiercely expression, pumping her fist, her eyes glancing at every one of you.

"So ready," Miriam responds, moving her head to the side while pointing to the floor. Her brown braids swing at the movement, grinning once again.

"Since I was a kid!" You commented, arching your brows in a playful way, one of your hands resting by your waist while the other holding your sketchbook and a bunch of notebooks that are also used for sketching.

"I was born to do this," Priya stated with a monotone voice, clinging to her book full of fantasy of vampires and werewolves. Her eyes drifted to all of you.

"Let's burn this place to the ground!" Abby shouted excitedly, catching a few students' attention, her arms in the air.

♡♥︎♡

"Okay, 3, 2, 1!" The girl in green counted, her eyes focused on your's and Abby's paper. Curious about the results as you all waited for Mei's arrival by room 202's door.

As soon as you two heard the count end, you as well as your friend showed the paper for your Math test. Both are marked C but to your dismay, Abby got a plus of hers while yours is just C.

"No!" You groan, looking up with closed eyes, defeated. Miriam patted your back with a chuckle.

"YES!" The Korean cheered, her body vibrating from excitement. "Ice cream next week is on [name]!"

"I told you that you should study." The bookworm mentioned, a small smirk on her knowing that she was right for guessing the test is hard.

"I don't need all of those formulas on my future! All I have to do is draw!" You whined burying your face into your paper.