15

"Mom, dad! I'm going karaoke with my friends!" you called out, already sprinting to the door, not wanting to get an ear-full just for going out with friends. Although, to your surprise, your mom's reply is something out of ordinary in your ears.

"Okay, be careful." the woman called out, her back face away from you as she organize the shelves. Your father chuckled at the sight of your bewildered face, as he read the news from the newspaper. You're completely sure that you've traveled from another dimension just from hearing that response.  

Where's the "no boyfriend", or "no still haven't some of your chores", or "You're grounded from almost dying at the concert, therefore you're not allowed," ????

"Um, I'll come back late...?" you hesitantly inquired, observing her for any disapproval reaction, though you found none.

"Alright, but be back 'till 8 then." your head immediately turns to your dad, who's snickering from his seat finding your reaction amusing. pointing a finger at your mom, silently asking if this is real or not, his only response is a shrug on his shoulder with a beam on his features. 

"uh, okay...? bye," you peak for the last time at your mother before jogging your way to the front gate. That was weird, very very weird, your gaze caught your hands and analyze them. You're probably dreaming or you really did accidentally travel to another universe without you knowing about it. You pinch the back of your hand just to make sure, before biting back a yelp from pain.

okay, so you're not dreaming. That's settled then, you went to another universe, anything can be possible since your friend has a magic red panda DNA that she got from her ancestors, who knows what another unbelievable thing can happen, right?

 you open the front gate before closing it, making sure that the sound is loud enough for your parents to hear. You sneak by a nearby window, listening carefully, brow frowning in concentration. "She's gone now, love." you heard your dad inform. "you did well, you should've seen her face." he chuckles, and silent footsteps are heard.

What exactly do you mean when you say "she's gone now"? "You did well"? What are these alien beings up to? You can't help but feel paranoid since you've seen too many films and television shows that have made you think like this. Maybe Miriam is correct about you and Priya watching and reading too much.

"I hope it's not too late to try again; I've been too hard on her over the past years," your mother said, and your expression softened at her reaction; at the very least, she's trying, even though her accusations and words still sting. "She looks a little spooked about it," the lady added.

"Oh, she's spooked alright. her eyes are about to pop out at any moment," your father laughs once again, amused by the scenario. you leaned to the wall, a ghost smile on your face, "let her warm up to it, give her time."

"All right," says the woman. With that, you're out the gate, a bright grin on your face, pleased that your mother has finally gotten your point of view, greeting Abby on your way down the street since your house is closer to her, exchanging handshakes before waving a hand to your friend's mother.

"Girl, you're not going to believe what just happened at home," you said as you walked down the street together. A few weeks and months have gone by since the "pandapocalypse," as some refer to it, and a lot has happened since then, yet your Mother still allowed you to visit with Mei and your friends, much to your surprise.

You met up with the rest of your friends, either giving them a hug or a fist bump. Tyler has been part of the group since then, he did give you guys an apology (it doesn't sound like an apology though) after all the horrible things he did and said to you guys and officially became part of the group by giving him a match colored bracelet like the rest.