9

"Yo! What's up, peeps!" Mei greeted, shuffling her way inside, the cardboard box is making it hard for her to walk. All of the kids frown at her costume, as she walks inside.

"What are you wearing?" Tyler questioned after closing the door of his house, eyeing the costume with a sickening glare.

"Hey, Tyler. Happy birthday." You wince at the tone of her voice, but also worried about her, considering that there might be a big reason why she's not in her panda form.

"I'm paying for the red panda!" The said boy exclaimed, his arms moving as he express his frustration, "Not this garbage! Deal's off!"

"Wait, can garbage do this?" Mei started to do horrible dance moves, which is making you cringe on her behalf. Seeing that no one's interested, the red-head changed her moves, "or this? Stir the porridge. C'mon guys, stir the porridge." 

you all shared an eye gaze before Miriam took the first step and pulled Mei away from the crowd with a horrid look. You're uneasy due to all the stares, "are you feeling okay?" The tall one inquired, looking at her in concern as you stood next to her and Priya.

The red-head waved the paw cardboard off her hands, then rubbed her hands over her features as she defined her situation, "guys, it's hard to explain, but just hmm... Just trust me on this!" she begged, glancing desperately. "I can't panda anymore, I'm sorry."

"Okay, okay, okay. It's fine." Miriam assured, showing her a mild expression, "You don't have to do it. We'll just uh figure something-" she shrugged looking at the floor distress, but what her friend stated made her feel surprised and sorrowful.

"I won't go," said Priya, her arms crossed though you can see the glum in her face and voice. 

"Priya..." you breathe, you took a glimpse at her, you can feel yourself filled with misery. Abby approaches her to deny her offer, but Mei spoke to her first.

"what? Priya, you can't not go." The red-head shook her crossed arms, "Jesse's your soulmate."

"But we only have enough for 4 tickets." The Indian-Canadian commented, her voice is lifeless as ever, though she said it in full despair.

"then I'll stay home!" Abby spoke, with no hesitation but her face said everything.

"No, I'll be the one who shouldn't go. I'm not allowed anyways-" you reasoned, but Mei stopped you, grabbing both yours and Abby's shoulder.

"No! I'll stay home." She offered, you're about to refuse however, Miriam stated her thoughts before you can speak.

"Guys, if we can't all go, then none of us should go, right?" She expressed, her emerald-like eyes started to flood with tears as she let out a sigh in defeat, rubbing her arm.

The twin-braid leaned into Abby's head, after the short one cuddled into her, holding her other arm also in tears. You felt Priya lean into your shoulder, making you hold her side as you cried together, all your efforts wasted. but it's for the best considering that if some of you come to the concert, it still wouldn't feel the same, and feel guilt that one of you have to stay home while the others enjoyed.

You feel your tears go down, making you wipe them off as your friends sobbed softly beside you, whimpering a bit but keeping all of it in. You heard Mei growl in irritation, which causes you to glance over to her seeing her mumble something under her breath.

"Hey, Tyler!" Mei called out, strolling toward him, "you want the panda? You're getting the Panda!" She shifted into her Panda self, giving a familiar pink fog around her. She showed her infamous grin, before carrying the curly-haired in her big fluffy arms, "Let's hear it for the birthday boy!" The red-head exclaims, making the crowd of kids erupt with cheers. Tyler smiled awkwardly, not used to the attention he was having.