chapter 16

Later that day, after they get home, Bucky is deep in thought. 

 He doesn't want to go live with the Commander. Even if Hydra is gone. He loves daddy and uncle Sam. He wants to stay with them. He can be better. He can make them love him again. He will just have to make some changes, he decides.

 He sneaks away into the bathroom while daddy and uncle Sam are putting the groceries away. He pulls his joggers down and tries to undo the tapes on his diaper. He doesn't have the best dexterity when he's little, so it's hard, but he gets it eventually. He stuffs it into the bottom of the little bathroom trash can and pulls his pants back up.

 "Daddy", he says when he comes back out. "Wanna watch the TV."

 "Okay, Buck. Let's see if Teletubbies is on right now." Daddy says.

 "No!" Says Bucky. "I don' like tel'tubbies no more!"

 "Oh? You don't? Well what do you want to watch then?"

 Bucky thinks about that. He thinks he saw daddy and uncle Sam watching the news once. So they must like that show, right?

 "Wanna watch news." 

 "The news? Are you sure?" Daddy asks.

 Bucky nods.

 "Okay, if you're sure."

 Daddy goes to the living room, picking up the remote and putting the TV on to the news channel.

 "Come here, baby." Daddy says once he sits down. Bucky cuddles up on his lap.

 "You scared me real bad today, Bucky Bear. No more running off like that, okay? I thought I'd lost you again. I can't handle losing you again."

 Bucky just nods again, not sure what to say. He knows daddy is lying. He can't wait to be rid of Bucky and that's why he called the Commander. But Bucky will change his mind.

 "You love me daddy?" He asks.

 "Of course I do, sweetheart." Daddy says, hugging him. He kisses his head. "I'll always love you."

 "Okay." Bucky says. Daddy is such a liar.

 "What's going on in here?" Uncle Sam says as he walks in. "You guys having a cuddle party without me? While I'm putting away groceries? That's cold."

 "Bucky wanted to watch the news." Daddy says.

 "The news? For real?" Uncle Sam asks in disbelief. "Okay then."

 Uncle Sam takes the seat next to them, kissing Bucky's cheek before he sits back.

 "Uncle Sam loves me?" Bucky asks.

 "More than you could imagine." Uncle Sam says.

 "Okay." Bucky says. So uncle Sam is a liar too.

 Watching the news is so boring. It's not even fun and and there's no colorful pictures or songs. It's just some guys talking about stuff that happened. How do daddy and uncle Sam like this show?

 Bucky sits back with a sigh and pouts. He doesn't wanna watch the news. But daddy and uncle Sam will not love him if he watches Teletubbies. He'll just have to deal with it.

 Then he feels it. The front of his pants is starting to get wet and warm. Oh no! If daddy and uncle Sam are sick of changing diapers, they definitely will be mad if they get pee peed on! Bucky jumps up and hides behind the couch as his pants get wet and pee pee starts going down his legs and making a puddle under him.

 "Bucky!" Daddy says, coming around to look behind the couch. "Oh, baby what happened?"

 Bucky won't cry. He won't. He feels his eyes wanting to but he won't.

 "Did you have a little accident, bud?" Uncle Sam says.

 "No." Bucky lies.

 "It's okay, Buck. We're not mad." Daddy says. "Where's your diaper?"

 "Don' know." Bucky lies again.

 "Well it didn't just disappear on it's own, now did it?" Uncle Sam says.

 "It did!" Says Bucky.

 "Bucky." Daddy says firmly. "You know how I feel about lying."

 "I'm not!" Bucky says, and now he can't not cry anymore. Fat tears roll down his cheeks no matter how hard he tries to stop them, and his breath hitches with sobs.

 "Okay, baby, okay. It's okay." Uncle Sam says, leaning down to wipe Bucky's tears away with his thumbs. "It's late. Let's go have a nice bath and get ready for night night, huh? It's okay."

 Bucky lets daddy pick him up and buries his face into his shoulder as he sobs uncontrollably. He'll never make daddy and uncle Sam change their minds now, he's such a dumb baby.

 "It's alright, baby bear." Daddy says, rubbing Bucky's back. "Just an accident. It's not your fault."

 He's carried to the bathroom where uncle Sam and daddy work together to get him undressed and into the tub. Uncle Sam tries to play with him with the bath toys while daddy washes him up but Bucky doesn't want to play. 

 Soon enough he's scooped up and wrapped in a warm, fluffy towel and carried to the bedroom, where he's laid on the bed while daddy and uncle Sam rub him down with the towel, drying him off. Then daddy gets him into a diaper and uncle Sam gets him into his black footie pajamas with the planets and stars. 

 "Don' want it!" Bucky says when uncle Sam tells daddy he's going to go make a bottle. He's crying again now and he doesn't even know why! He's too mad to have a stupid bottle like a dumb baby. He kicks his legs and screams because he doesn't know what else to do.

 "Calm down, baby. It's okay. You don't have to have the bottle." Uncle Sam says, trying to soothe him.

 "You're having such a hard time tonight, aren't you sweetheart? Poor baby." Daddy says, picking Bucky up. 

 Uncle Sam slips Bucky's paci into his mouth as daddy rocks him in his arms. Bucky doesn't want to go to sleep. He still needs to figure out how to change their minds and make them love him! But soon enough he can't keep his eyes open, and he lays his head on daddy's shoulder. He starts to feel calmer as daddy continues to rock him, rubbing his back, while uncle Sam stands by and runs his fingers through Bucky's hair. He feels daddy kiss his head and then uncle Sam does the same as he's falling asleep. He's going to miss this so much when he's gone. He doesn't want to go.